Poll: Are mushy peas acceptable in a fry up?

Are mushy peas acceptable in a fry up?

• Yes

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • No, you're a monster

Votes: 240 87.3%
  • Pancakes all the way.

Votes: 16 5.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Because that way madness lies. If we start to allow mushy peas in a fry up, what will become of us? I despair for our future.
Listen closely. Beyond the noise of the stable door banging in the wind... You hear that faint galloping sound?
That's the horse, already a mile away, which bolted when you allowed things like Alcopops and the deep fried Mars Bar™.

Caporegime
Listen closely. Beyond the noise of the stable door banging in the wind... You hear that faint galloping sound?
That's the horse, already a mile away, which bolted when you allowed things like Alcopops and the deep fried Mars Bar™.

Are deep fried Mars Bars allowed in fry ups? No sane person does them. In fact I would put them in the same deviant category as the mushy peas in a fry up crowd.

At least we still arent as bad as Americans (yet) with their deep fried slabs of butter, deep fried beer ravioli, deep fried kool-aid, deep fried jelly beans and deep fried suger cubes

Soldato
At least we still arent as bad as Americans (yet) with their deep fried slabs of butter, deep fried beer ravioli, deep fried kool-aid, deep fried jelly beans and deep fried suger cubes
Those don't make any sense, though.
Mushy peas in a fry up (non-breakfast) are essentially the same as a pea fritter, which has clear origins in 16th Century Europe and likely much earlier.

Soldato
No place for mushy peas in a fry up of which the (Ulster) Fry should consist of:
Fried Bacon
Fried Eggs
Fried Sausages
Grilled Tomato
Fried Potatoe Bread
Fried Soda Bread
Fried Mushrooms
Black pudding
Baked Beans
Brown Sauce

Soldato
Personally I don't care, they're not something I'd normally have. Potato bread is important and my Mrs always does scotch style pancakes toasted with it too.

Caporegime
Mushy peas are never acceptable under any circumstances. If I washed up on a desert island with nothing to eat but cans of mushy peas I still wouldn't touch the bloody things.

Now now. Mushy peas are superb but there is a time and a place for them. With battered fish or a pie. Never, ever in a fry up.

Soldato
Fried breakfast. Includes alcohol. Must be Scottish. Location: Glasgow.

Checks out.

I recall a holiday once where there was a group of Irish lads in the same complex who we got on well with. One day a few of them joined us for breakfast only they brought a crate of Corona with them! Just booze, no food!

Back
Top Bottom