• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are you DirectStorage ready?

10.06% CPU usage? Not very good with Ryzen 7950X CPU.

Guess AMD Ryzen CPUs are terrible at DirectStorage because of high CPU usage.

it seemed old Intel CPUs like my 8700K will be very good at DirectStorage with around 2.5% CPU usage but bandwidth not great because m2 slots all running on PCI Express 3.0.

Think I will need to upgrade my CPU to 13700K hopefully on Black Friday or Cyber Monday that could see DirectStorage bandwidth around 21GB and 1% CPU usage.

Intel tested DirectStorage 1.1 with 12900K, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB and Arc 770 16GB:

IO1PNYS.jpg

9.14GB loaded in 0.42 sec with 21.67GB bandwidth and 1.29% CPU usage!

Amazing!!! :eek:

It's not mine, the guy who benched that has a 7600x

10.06% CPU usage? Not very good with Ryzen 7950X CPU.

Guess AMD Ryzen CPUs are terrible at DirectStorage because of high CPU usage.

it seemed old Intel CPUs like my 8700K will be very good at DirectStorage with around 2.5% CPU usage but bandwidth not great because m2 slots all running on PCI Express 3.0.

Think I will need to upgrade my CPU to 13700K hopefully on Black Friday or Cyber Monday that could see DirectStorage bandwidth around 21GB and 1% CPU usage.

Intel tested DirectStorage 1.1 with 12900K, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB and Arc 770 16GB:

IO1PNYS.jpg

9.14GB loaded in 0.42 sec with 21.67GB bandwidth and 1.29% CPU usage!

Amazing!!! :eek:

It's not mine, the guy who benched that has a 7600x cpu and 3080ti GPU and a Gen 3 Nvme ssd

Last edited:
And there is me having just bought the 5800x3d :cry:

Oh well by time this gets massively adopted and any issues ironed out, probably have new gen CPUs etc. out

Game built for DirectStorage technology on PS5 comes to PC, but developer doesn't enable DirectStorage for PC version

Can you guess what happens? Stuttttttttteeeeeerrrrrrrssssss

Nothing is pre cached, the game just loads in assets and textures when they need to appear on screen resulting in an endless stream of stuttering and frame drops as the PC architecture is unable to load the data to vram fast enough

DirectStorage 1.1 is now available to use in games.

Hopefully we could see Sackboy: A Big Adventure support DirectStorage in upcoming patch this month or December next month before Forespoken coming out in January 2023.

DirectStorage 1.1.2211.304 files are really surprised really tiny:

dstorage.dll 194KB
dstoragecore.dll 1418KB

Is there an executable file for the benchmark? I don't know how to compile it

I compiled it with Visual Studio 2022. It easy to do it but weighted about 7GB download files componments need to get demo compiled properly after tried ran 3 times to compiled it failed with 1GB componments.

I tested uploaded compiled BulkLoadDemo.rar and downloaded it worked great. Only 8MB rar file and will expire in 29 days.

Last edited:
I compiled it with Visual Studio 2022. It easy to do it but weighted about 7GB download files componments need to get demo compiled properly after tried ran 3 times to compiled it failed with 1GB componments.

I tested uploaded compiled BulkLoadDemo.rar and downloaded it worked great. Only 8MB rar file and will expire in 29 days.

Using this.

5600x, 3080 10gb, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz, samsung 2tb 970 evo plus, msi b450 tomahawk so not gen 4.

g2SWOm6.png

Noticed cpu usage fluctuated between runs, peak was 17%

edit

nvidia drivers are 526.74

Last edited:
The transfer you requested has been deleted.

My file still on easyupload.io.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom