Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
new ambilight tv arrived today, works perfectly with my hue lights and they change with the ambilight :) :)

jNTJYFzW

https://thumbsnap.com/jNTJYFzW

Soldato
couple of ambilight strips one behind the couch one under the window ledge synced with the tv and living room lights. very happy with the outcome.

Soldato
Even logged in I can’t see it…

Do we have to be friends or have you made it public?

How have you got the lights synced to your TV? Everything I’ve seen online suggests you either need to use a laptop as the source, or have a phone/tablet pointed at the TV to pick up the TV colour — neither option seems very good to me — or is it because you have an ambilight TV?

Soldato
ambilight tv syncs it all together,

not quite as good as the tv itself manages but for subtle effects its fantastic, works either off sound or off the movie itself and you can position each light relative to the tv through the tv so it all ties in

Soldato
thats on the vivid setting just to demo how bright it really is,

you can set it as bright or as subtle as you like. its infinitely adjustable.

is now a good time to mention I picked the tv (4k,HDR) up for £489 for a 55". they also had a 65" for £780

Soldato
ambilight tv syncs it all together,

not quite as good as the tv itself manages but for subtle effects its fantastic, works either off sound or off the movie itself and you can position each light relative to the tv through the tv so it all ties in
Ah ok cool, looks good. :)

Soldato
While looking in the benefits of a Hub 2, I noticed that there's an app you can download to your PC/ Mac which can sync your Hue lights with onscreen activity. Anyone tried it?

Soldato
How? It's not connected to your TV in any way.. it can sync with what's on your mac or pc but then we're all the way back to windows media centre :)

I've had a pc under my telly, I don't need to any more.

Soldato
I don’t get get your point as I specifically said it was a PC/ Mac app.

Anyway, it looks quite good so I’ll let you know how I get on with it when my Bridge 2 arrives today.

Soldato
I don’t get get your point as I specifically said it was a PC/ Mac app.

Anyway, it looks quite good so I’ll let you know how I get on with it when my Bridge 2 arrives today.

My point is that you need to be playing whatever content you want to sync through the Mac or PC not via the smart functions or a streaming box that's all, I really want this and have a light strip already but I don't want a proper computer under the tv

Soldato
any offers to be had anywhere?

looking at adding some more strips to the kitchen but don't really fancy £70 a pop, should have stocked up on prime day :(

Back
Top Bottom