Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
Finally latest app update adds power loss behaviour. So now when someone switches a light off it will come back on as it was programmed not full bright white.

Soldato
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Tradfri linked up to an existing Hue system? I've tried getting it close and line of sight - about 3 metres or so - and switched it on and off six times to reset it but it still isn't appearing in the Hue app.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
For those who have installed any of the Hue ceiling lights, could you please show some photos and comments on how they perform?

I'd rather see real world photos rather than the marketing photos which don't really show much.

Caporegime
IaMQQSF.jpg skpGble.jpg

Hue Cher. Bright enough at 3000 lumen in a 5x5m room (it works in tandem with a lamp) and the 4 preset lights you cycle thru on the remote are ideal. The second is on dim setting which is nice and soft, the light is much more even in real. The camera makes it look less even

Lamp gets good comments. Ignore the tape, that’s covering a hole until I skim it as I had to fit to a joist (5kg lamp)

u146Hre.jpg

Soldato
A friend has just done the same as what you want, he ended up using 'stringify' within IFTTT to achieve this.

Any chance you could ask your friend how quickly the bulb responds to movement?

We have a front porch With a path to the gate. I have set up Stringify to turn the light on when the video doorbell picks up movement.

However it seems to have quite a delay so you end up near the gate in the dark before it picks you up and turns on which kind of defeats the point.

Not sure if a Hue motion sensor might be more responsive as that wouldn’t have to go through 2 hubs and Stringify to activate.

Alternatively it could be Nest taking a while to process.

Soldato
The second is on dim setting which is nice and soft, the light is much more even in real.
will it dim and preserve the same colour temperature ?
This always seems a dilemna to me, I like 4K ish temperature, and high lumens, depending on room use, but would like to keep the temperature at lower output levels.

Soldato
Any chance you could ask your friend how quickly the bulb responds to movement?

We have a front porch With a path to the gate. I have set up Stringify to turn the light on when the video doorbell picks up movement.

However it seems to have quite a delay so you end up near the gate in the dark before it picks you up and turns on which kind of defeats the point.

Not sure if a Hue motion sensor might be more responsive as that wouldn’t have to go through 2 hubs and Stringify to activate.

Alternatively it could be Nest taking a while to process.

I find smartthings is pretty swift in turning things on compared to stringify!

Soldato
I find smartthings is pretty swift in turning things on compared to stringify!

Yeah the newer sensors are a bit slower but with things like IFTTT (or I guess stringify if thats cloud based, not sure) you can wait forever.

I have an IFTTT thing set to flash all the hue lights in the house when someone rings the ring doorbell and it's sketchy to say the least.. had to buy a chime in the end as it was 50/50.

My house is full of smartthings, they control pretty much all the lights and I love it.

Associate
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Tradfri linked up to an existing Hue system? I've tried getting it close and line of sight - about 3 metres or so - and switched it on and off six times to reset it but it still isn't appearing in the Hue app.

Depending if you are an IOS or Android you will need either iHue or Hue Essentials. Both apps allow you to 'Touchlink' Tradfri kit to the Hue hub. I've used Hue Essentials and have paired a couple of Tradfri bulbs and the dimmer switch. Works fine.

Soldato

I remember the tradfri bulbs being a right ***** to add. As someone earlier mentioned the hue essentials app makes things much easier to add.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I remember the tradfri bulbs being a right ***** to add. As someone earlier mentioned the hue essentials app makes things much easier to add.

I didn't have this experience. I have a GU10 lamp holder with a plug on the end that I used when pairing all mine - and with them very close to the hub it 'just worked'

Back
Top Bottom