Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
You can certainly do all that with smartthings, it's exactly what I use mine for. My motion sensors trigger different lights at different brightnesses depending on the time.

Yes and yes. The Hue app lets you set day and night brightnesses. If you have an iOS device you can use iConnectHue to configure it even more granularly.

Brilliant, thanks!!

Associate
The start of a few Hue offers on Amazon currently...

49103228563_df9c45926e_b.jpg

Associate
Why on earth would you buy the 3 pack of bulbs for £80 when you can et the starter pack with hub for £70!

Really tempted by the GU10 versions, but have spent so much recently on car/home repairs and vet bills it'd be a lot more sensible not to!

The GU10 Starter vs The GU10 (3 pack) bulbs are slightly misleading as the starter kit contains the older GU10 bulbs. Agree with the standard bulbs however, always handy having a spare hub!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Woohoo, I've been waiting for the newer GU10's to drop, need 3 for the hall.

As said above, the newer ones are shorter, have BT and are 'Richer colours' meaning they are better colours.

Soldato
Yeah, the builders got a little carried away when doing the extension (previous owners). There are 2 sky lights and there's about 10 around each and then a various others dotted about. It's ridiculous.

In reality i could probably only fill half of them and the room would be fine, but that'd look a bit daft.

Soldato
The GU10 Starter vs The GU10 (3 pack) bulbs are slightly misleading as the starter kit contains the older GU10 bulbs
isn't that an amazon error if they deliver the older gen2 bulb ... as some of the comments there suggest ?
the bluetooth on the newest gen4 ones is new, if you don't want a hub ... but otherwise they have same colour as gen3
https://huehomelighting.com/key-differences-1st-2nd-3rd-gen-philips-hue-bulbs/

Despite the smarthings compatability advertised will they work with the £6 ikea smarthings dimmers ? that's what i'd like to know

Soldato
Am I being a bit special or is it not possible to have Nest Hello trigger my Hue lights in any way? I've tried nest meet hue but it just says now it's in google home it just doesn't work! Looks like IFTTT doesn't have the options any more.

Back
Top Bottom