• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARK: Survival, Directx 12 Patch this friday.

Associate
has anyone seen any indication that this DX12 mode will add mutiGPU support? (read the last 3 pages of comments on the steam community page and cant see anything!)

I'd bought a 780ti to be installed next week, as performance on my SLI 670s wasn't up to much, but if both cards will now be used it may be faster on my current set up :(

Caporegime
has anyone seen any indication that this DX12 mode will add mutiGPU support? (read the last 3 pages of comments on the steam community page and cant see anything!)

I'd bought a 780ti to be installed next week, as performance on my SLI 670s wasn't up to much, but if both cards will now be used it may be faster on my current set up :(

I would be very surprised if this did come with SLI/CF just because it is so early and none of the previous DX12 demo's have had SLI/CF.

Soldato
This is the main problem with Early Release games. The unwashed masses don't understand the concept of the software development cycle.

yes and no

often beta/founders/early release games are put up with lots of claims from the devs about what is going to be in the game and something like it being "a year" away from final... 3 years later, people are bound to be asking questions about what is/was really going on and it fosters resentment

Soldato
But this has only been out since June, and they have put a 'retail' release date in for June 2016.

I wasn't talking about this game specifically, just in general, "early release" is over used as an excuse where basically the dev knows what they have is not good enough to release but they want to start getting money in

actually, that's most PC games these days

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did you died?

It is a hard going game that takes playing with a few people you know. :p

Does DX12 mode give much of a boost? I still need to stick win 10 on my new and first SSD :D

Yer, i walked and run around for a bit, got cold, then got hot and then fell off a cliff and died. Not my cup of tea in truth but I am sure others really enjoy it.

Caporegime
ARK DirectX 12 Delay

Hello Survivors,

It's been a long week here at Studio Wildcard as the programming team has been grinding to get the DX12 version ready for release. It runs, it looks good, but unfortunately we came across some driver issues that we can't entirely tackle ourselves :(. We’ve reached out to both NVIDIA and AMD and will be working with them to get it resolved as soon as possible! Once that’s tackled, we’ll be needing to do more solid testing across a range of hardware with the new fixes. Sadly, we're gonna have to delay its release until some day next week in order to be satisfied with it. It's disappointing to us too and we're sorry for the delay, really thought we’d have it nailed today but we wouldn't want to release ARK DX12 without the care it still needs at this point. Hang in there, and when it's ready for public consumption, it should be worth the wait!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/520518053440119300/

Back
Top Bottom