Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

So what sort of PC spec do you need to get this running smooth?
Managed to get it to run a little better, but I'm still getting sub 20fps (at a guess) with pretty disappointing visuals.

Currently running with an i5-3570k, 16GB Memory, nVidia GTX660. Game is installed on an SSD. Think this is the first thing that's really got the better of this graphics card since I bought it!

So what sort of PC spec do you need to get this running smooth?
Managed to get it to run a little better, but I'm still getting sub 20fps (at a guess) with pretty disappointing visuals.

Currently running with an i5-3570k, 16GB Memory, nVidia GTX660. Game is installed on an SSD. Think this is the first thing that's really got the better of this graphics card since I bought it!

Drop the ground clutter and sky sliders to zero, medium for most of the others, and if all else fails start dropping the resolution scaling slider. Since the patch last night my performance improved dramatically (like 15fps better). So lots more optimisation to come still. I get about 35fps maxed out at 1440p with an overclocked 980ti for reference.

Last night patch was pretty good on average now i get 90 fps. It still a long way from finished but it getting there.

Is this worth picking up? Been reading through the thread and it seems fairly mixed :confused:.

I think its fantastic mate, absolutely brill. Got a 3 man tribe and an established base on official uk 177 server if you fancy. Will help you get started. Amazing game, gets updated daily, performance is still pretty bad for everyone though, but the world is beautiful. Getting about 30fps on medium, but thats just with one of my 7950's as crossfire not supported, just giving you an idea of what to expect perf wise.

Just tried to tame a Trike, sat on a rock shooting stones at it thinking I was untouchable until he telepathically headbutted me out to sea, came back for my corpse and saw nothing but Megalodons in the sea and no corpse, worst part was I swear the little ****ers were smiling at me...

RIP gear

Just tried to tame a Trike, sat on a rock shooting stones at it thinking I was untouchable until he telepathically headbutted me out to sea, came back for my corpse and saw nothing but Megalodons in the sea and no corpse, worst part was I swear the little ****ers were smiling at me...

RIP gear

:p

RIP gear

Got you beat. We lost 2 sabre tooths today that we had only tamed hours earlier. I made the mistake of attacking 3 brontos all at once. It didn't end well.

Flying a pterodactyl to a item drop of point, pressed E when in the air thinking I could collect it in mid air, plunged to my death, cant find corpse, lost a lot of materials but I did manage to get to the mount back before something killed it.

sigh....

Last edited:
sweet mate...add me on Steam = tonyturbo

Join UKOfficial177 server and I'll help you out. In a small tribe with few others here, so we got a safehouse if needed. Tis a lot of fun breaking down peoples hardwork with a carno and stealing all their goodies lol. Will see you on tonight hopefully. Dont get to aggressive with graphic levels, start with medium and see how it performs, 30fps is not as bad as 30fps on other games, hard to explain but you will see.

Highly reccomend this game! I've been on it solidly since I joined. I forgot to smoke :eek:.

Got lost and spent an hour wondering around the map lol :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom