***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Incredibly easy.

Steam Workshop - you "Subscribe" and it adds it to the ARMA 3 launcher. Then you load the Mod tab on the launcher and can enable/disable what you want. It keeps them auto updated etc.

There are third party mods like PlayWithSix or A3Launcher etc but I tend to stick to the standard ARMA 3 Launcher through steam as the devs intend.

Soldato
Sounds good, are most of the top arma 3 mods all available through steam workshop ?

Yeah I think so.

If you are new to it then definitely take the time to run through the tutorial to get to grips with the controls and aiming. It's not a game you can just jump in to.

You might find the campaign a little boring though as there's a lot of running from point to point involved.

Soldato
How to these mods work with online multiplayer? I take it you have to leave is standard for most servers?

Not actually modded and don't 'really' plan to, I just want to make sure I've got a level playing field!

Soldato
Some mods are basic tweaks to items (Shacktac Hud - http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac_wp/shacktac-mods/ ) where as others can be complete units/vehicles/maps etc. which can completely change the game.

Some servers will require mods but most won't. Some servers allow certain mods but they won't be compulsory. It's entirely up to you what you want to install or not. Just note that some mod's will be poorly written/scripted and can slow a system down or crash it.

Associate
ARMA series are really great with their modding community. I would go far as to say that they are made for it.

There are literally hundreds of addons and mods available for this title. To get them, as others mentioned. You can get them direct via the STEAM Workshop, or directly from the ARMA hosted fan sites. Such as ArmaHolic, or even straight from their Bohemia Interactive forums.

As for joining servers, you would need to find out which addons/mods are supported by the server first. Otherwise, you'll get kicked off the server by using non-server approved addons/mods.

Protip: use your custom launch parameters to squeeze what you can get out of the game if your hardware is struggling like me.

Soldato
Just started playing Arma 3, i went and downloaded a sniper senareo, on the last objective i had the enemy sniper in my crosshairs and just 150m away, and i shot him like 30 times and no bullets were killing him, i had to get about 75m from him before i could kill him, surely there aint any bullet drop at just 150m away from him ? even so i did try loads of shots where i was aiming above his head to compensate for bullet drop, and still could not hit him, oh and no wind either, any ideals what i am doing wrong ? thx

Soldato
Hi mate, not sure i know how to do that, but i thought if there in the crosshairs should that not kill them, was only max 150m away ? and i did fire a lot of shots at different heights above there head just in case ?

Soldato
Yeh i just done a tutorial where it mentioned page up/down, but i did not see anything move when pressing the keys or how to exactly range scope still, i mean to know when its ranged, but surely at 150m should not have to ?

Soldato
Yeh i just done a tutorial where it mentioned page up/down, but i did not see anything move when pressing the keys or how to exactly range scope still, i mean to know when its ranged, but surely at 150m should not have to ?

Some scopes are ranged at 200, 300 or 400 mtrs.

If for example you were using a scope ranged at 400 and your target was 150 mtrs away, then your crosshairs would have to be below the target to hit it. If your target was 400mtrs away and your scope was ranged at 150, then you would place your crosshairs above the target. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom