***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
Rhys our clan is hosting a public mission tonight if you want to come along? No mods needed. Google havoc company and join our ts, think it's starting around half 7.

Soldato
Getting vaguely competent with this now, playing the jsoc coop servers which seem to be pretty much the only free ones that uses proper squads etc.

Good fun game, although the ai is shocking.

Soldato
Whats this like in comparison to Squad: Greenlight? Squad is the only game I have properly got into since BF2. Its much harder, much more teamwork is required but (can't believe im saying this) it is better than Battlefield 2!

When vehicles arrive it will be like a whole new game requiring new tactics for attack and defence. Lets just hope it doesnt get too arcady

Soldato
Sorry newish to arma, whats RDM type ? cheers

Ah, apologies - RDM means random death match.

Some have role play (RP) rules, others just let you shoot whatever you want, whenever you want.

Wasteland servers are probably the most RDM-y without going for mods, and some of those have only PvP whereas others will have AI bots as well as PvP.

If you're looking for proper squad-like and organised servers, then I can't help you there as I know of none!

Soldato
Ah, apologies - RDM means random death match.

Some have role play (RP) rules, others just let you shoot whatever you want, whenever you want.

Wasteland servers are probably the most RDM-y without going for mods, and some of those have only PvP whereas others will have AI bots as well as PvP.

If you're looking for proper squad-like and organised servers, then I can't help you there as I know of none!

Cheers

Soldato
Pretty specific buuut..
Does anybody have an i7 around 4.5GHz, a 980Ti and 1440p monitor?

Would you follow me on a server for 10-20mins so we can compare FPS in the same location? Will paypal you the equivalent of an expensive beer :)

I've just gone from 1080 to 1440 and the lower fps in the built up areas is hurting a little.. G-Sync helps it a lot but I'd much prefer the higher framerates in the first place

Want to know if I'm going to see a good improvement going from a 980 to a 980Ti.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom