***ArmA 3 Thread***

Hopefully so people who want to play ARMA don't have to deal with people who play games like DayZ, CoD,etc

Going off this thread alone the people who play or are interested in arma are exactly the same as the worst that cod/bf have. Don't think your community is better. Just find the good part of the community and stick with it. Same as any game.

Associate
How so?
I bought Arma 2 on launch in 2009 & the only thing that's really stopped me playing it is Arma 3 Alpha, for around thirty quid I think I've had my money's worth, & I can't see Arma 3 being any less value, you just have to wait for the full release! this is Alpha after all.

My main gripe is performance and I don't see them improving it that much for final release. Also I don't like the futuristic setting much, I'd prefer today's weapons than made up stuff.

Associate
Going off this thread alone the people who play or are interested in arma are exactly the same as the worst that cod/bf have. Don't think your community is better. Just find the good part of the community and stick with it. Same as any game.
****s are ****s no matter what they play & COD certainly does have it's fair share of them but at the end of the day playing games/sims it ment to be fun can't we all just get along, oh & won't somebody think of the children!

Associate
My main gripe is performance and I don't see them improving it that much for final release. Also I don't like the futuristic setting much, I'd prefer today's weapons than made up stuff.
Not much I can say if you don't like the setting except I'd expect numerous mods in just that vein, as for you're problems with perfomance, I think you are right that they won't be that much of a leap by release but a few months after thing will be smoothed out quite considerably, sorry to refer to Arma 2 again but when that was released it was near unplayable on the tech of the day, stick with it you will get value in the end, you just got to be patient.

Associate

I know it's not really comparable, but the fps of Arma 2 was improved by 10-20fps for a lot of people with the subsequent patches after release.

Also, I thought most of these weapons were real? Besides, it's not really the base game you buy Arma for, it's the mods and addons that make it what it is. Think of a base Arma game as a plain piece of bread.

Associate

Alpha builds I have worked on have been dismal performance compared to release build. Also the build that was released may be fairly old compared to what they are currently working on.

Soldato
The blufor stuff all looks great, feel great and is stuff that exists today with tiny little tweeks (turrets on vehicles for example)

Its the spacehats and nanosuit (as mentioned before) by the iranians thats a little strange.

We'll no doubt be grabbing some additional bad guys to shoot who are a bit more realistic. Though the blufor stuff hasnt caused issue with anyone yet. We shall see as they open up other vehicles though.

Soldato
The blufor stuff all looks great, feel great and is stuff that exists today with tiny little tweeks (turrets on vehicles for example)

Its the spacehats and nanosuit (as mentioned before) by the iranians thats a little strange.

We'll no doubt be grabbing some additional bad guys to shoot who are a bit more realistic. Though the blufor stuff hasnt caused issue with anyone yet. We shall see as they open up other vehicles though.

I see in the modules options, NATO/Iran/Greek Army/Guerillas at least.

Associate
Alpha builds I have worked on have been dismal performance compared to release build. Also the build that was released may be fairly old compared to what they are currently working on.

I would share your optimism if it were any other developer than Bohemia. Their track record for optimization isn't exactly great.

Soldato
I wonder how many people are reporting performance of singleplayer instead of multiplayer?

I'm really struggling to keep this at 30 frames in MP on high.

I work as a dev and I'm even feeling impatient waiting for optimisation of this! Caught myself looking at new fx cards.

the load on the server will affect fps in MP

Associate
I had low blood, all my limbs were broken and I only had an enfield Kun oh and I was just messing about and wanted to die [/dgeeee]

Truth be told kun, is that the first time youve ever killed me in any game? ;) i have vids of you raging about being sniped in a vodnik :p mwah!

Dont you dare linking it :D

Back
Top Bottom