***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
So what has the money BiS made off Rocket's back gotten them. Is it the game it should be now? World needs a good, proper military sim that isn't clunky and downright annoying to perform the simplest tasks in.

Lord knows we've been deprived of them up until now.

Soldato
So what has the money BiS made off Rocket's back gotten them. Is it the game it should be now? World needs a good, proper military sim that isn't clunky and downright annoying to perform the simplest tasks in.

lol

Associate

I think someones still bitter about having to buy arma 2 for dayz.

bJN

bJN

Soldato

Oh please... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is that the all in one excuse for any criticism of this game? Seems to be.

It's hardly an excuse it's a reason. It's an unfinished product. If you would care to point me into a shooter that is as detailed as this, friendly to mods, doesn't cheat with small maps and tightly scripted AI then I am all ears. But until then then cut BI some slack they make good games that play well for realistic infantry combat. If you wanted a good armour experience you'd be on Steel Beasts and if you want a good flight experience you'd be on DCS. But for infantry this is it and they do a damn good job.

Associate
It's hardly an excuse it's a reason. It's an unfinished product. If you would care to point me into a shooter that is as detailed as this, friendly to mods, doesn't cheat with small maps and tightly scripted AI then I am all ears. But until then then cut BI some slack they make good games that play well for realistic infantry combat. If you wanted a good armour experience you'd be on Steel Beasts and if you want a good flight experience you'd be on DCS. But for infantry this is it and they do a damn good job.

So you're saying that because it's Alpha its free from criticism? OK then.

I agree on BI's position as the leader in the military sim front. However as you suggested, there is a real lack of competition in that particular genre at the moment.

Soldato
So you're saying that because it's Alpha its free from criticism? OK then.

Nowhere did I say that. What I said was it is an unfinished product. Don't be obtuse there is a big difference between the statements. And the lack of competition is for good reason there is no large market.

Soldato
It was credited for over 300,000 unit sales of ARMA 2 within two months of the mod's release, putting this three-year-old title in the top seller charts on Steam for over seven weeks, much of this time as the top selling game.

300k in two months, DayZ is verging on a year old now. How many copies has ArmA 2 sold in total to this date? 2 million at a stretch? Do the math. ;)

I respect you like the games, maybe even played it before DayZ but face it, if it wasn't for Rocket, ArmA 3 wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Just facts, bruhs. No need to get so butthurt!

Back
Top Bottom