***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Got a couple of problems to iron out on my ctv mission Melbo.

4 of us for ten minutes couldn't advance more than 10 mtrs, although we weren't playing very tactical.

Helis to fix and the stupid task modules to get rid of.

Soldato
I really hope Arma 3 doesn't turn into some gimpy Wasteland/PVP only gubbins.

It may predominate but these are essentially extra players to the Arma series same with DayZ. All the people I have always played Arma with do occasionally dip into them but in the main we still play highly coordinated cooperative games. You may just have to filter out the chaff that's all.

Associate
I really hope Arma 3 doesn't turn into some gimpy Wasteland/PVP only gubbins.

I enjoy DayZ and Wasteland, always feel coop and multiplayer is overwhelming and i cant cut it. I do understand what your saying though cos i hate it when your favourite series changes to appeal to the masses

Soldato
Then don't play it, plenty of communities about that play all sorts :)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a bit of that Blitzgrieg TvT mission as that actually has an objective. What annoys me is the people who cry that it's in first person only or "why does this server not have tags above team mates?". They simply refuse to try and learn what to do. Instead they sit there and shoot their own team in the spawn!

I know the simple solution is to password the server but we need to keep it open for people to come in and try different missions.

Soldato
Where can I find some noob-friendly tutorials on how to get into this game? This is my first time playing Arma game and I would like to become familiar with the game as soon as possible :)

Soldato
Where can I find some noob-friendly tutorials on how to get into this game? This is my first time playing Arma game and I would like to become familiar with the game as soon as possible :)

This. The game is soooo vast.

All the servers I go into, nobody seems to be doing anything either? Everyones just messing around. :confused:

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a bit of that Blitzgrieg TvT mission as that actually has an objective. What annoys me is the people who cry that it's in first person only or "why does this server not have tags above team mates?". They simply refuse to try and learn what to do. Instead they sit there and shoot their own team in the spawn!

I know the simple solution is to password the server but we need to keep it open for people to come in and try different missions.

I understand, it's why I rarely if ever play on public servers.

Everytime I do, there's someone with an awful connection, desynching everyone, loads using ingame von when they don't know it or just being obnoxious and having to keep on muting, then there's what you mentioned about, amongst the leagues of "hackers" which, while I understand BE isn't the best and not enabled; I join a public server and instantly there's one.
It's why I don't, why I stick to a dedicated arma community and stay there for infinitely better PVP and COOP missions with zero fuss or chaos :D

The biggest issue is people expect the game to be there for them ready to go on a random server, not realising your experiences vary so vastly from place to place.
It's not the game that makes it all great, it's the people you play with, find good, talented and mature people and go from there.

Soldato
OK played a few games but have a couple of questions..

• This is via steam so does that mean I don't have to keep updating to the latest patch and version, like I had to do with Dayz? Can I just launch the game via steam and jump on?
  • Can anyone tell me what I need to do to map the mouse to the right stick on a gamepad?

Would really appreciate it :)

Soldato
This. The game is soooo vast.

All the servers I go into, nobody seems to be doing anything either? Everyones just messing around. :confused:

Best bet is to dive into the deep end. Get on a server that uses a teamspeak. (ie MGTs server or MarkeRs servers) and get stuck in. They'll help you better than any tutorial will.

Back
Top Bottom