Arr, This here be a boarding party

Soldato
Seems like there's no new WUs available ATM?

02/08/2008 15:37:02|rosetta@home|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user. Requesting 90153 seconds of work, reporting 1 completed tasks
02/08/2008 15:37:07|rosetta@home|Scheduler request succeeded: got 0 new tasks

I'm idling on two cores :(

Soldato
idle.png

Sabotage, I reckon! :( :p At least my GPU client's still going...

Soldato
I've swung my four top producing rigs away from Seti and pointed at Rosetta (Oooooh Aaaaar) and can't get any work. :(

I suppose if we can't get work, those pesky pirates can't (although I bet they are not adding crunchers at the rate we are). Hope the existing stashes get us nearer to them until more work is available. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Man of Honour
It seems that there is work being produced, but not at full speed. Persist and you might get lucky.

Most of my systems have 24-48 hours cache so I'm OK for now at least.

Those pesky pirates might get a 48 hour reprieve, but they won't escape as it'll be hurting them just as much as us. :)

Associate
Can you guys explain the cache/ WU system for BOINC? I've got 12 WUs currently queued up, 4 are completed, 4 in progress and 4 waiting. However, its been nearly 6 hours since it last contacted the servers to upload the WU. Is this normal, or should I set something up? I did the first 4 WUs I crunched manually using the update command.

Man of Honour
Normal. You can set BOINC preferences for how often it can (it doesn't have to) connect and how much cache to maintain in addition. I have mine set to connect every 0 days (i.e. when it wants to), and maintain a 2 day cache. The only exception to that is my work PCs which are set to only connect overnight.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Normal. You can set BOINC preferences for how often it can (it doesn't have to) connect and how much cache to maintain in addition. I have mine set to connect every 0 days (i.e. when it wants to), and maintain a 2 day cache. The only exception to that is my work PCs which are set to only connect overnight.

Same here (well, mine's set to connect every 0.1 days) with a 2 day cache. I currently have 26 WUs cached plus the two it's working on atm.

Associate

Agreed. What you are experiencing is normal. :D

Back
Top Bottom