Arrival (2016).

Soldato
easyrider;30486150 said:
People eat fish and chips three times a week, do very little exercise and wonder why they are fat...

Wow, I am truly humbled by your Mighty Powers of Debating. :rolleyes: Honestly, if that's the best you can come up with then I'd question whether it was worth your time typing it out.

Associate
I think this is one of those films that rewards a second viewing. After watching it the first time I really enjoyed it although I was left a little confused by some aspects. After watching for the second time it all made a lot more sense and consequently I enjoyed it even more. Nothing wrong with a film that requires a little thought on the part of the viewer.

Caporegime
checjb;30486545 said:
Wow, I am truly humbled by your Mighty Powers of Debating. :rolleyes: Honestly, if that's the best you can come up with then I'd question whether it was worth your time typing it out.

All I am saying is that people can live in blissful ignorance.

I know some people who reject foreign films based on the fact they subtitles.:o

People need to make more effort these days...Audiences are getting Lazy

This ultimately leads to lazy unoriginal film making purely to drive capitalism.

Soldato
easyrider;30486923 said:
All I am saying is that people can live in blissful ignorance.

I know some people who reject foreign films based on the fact they subtitles.:o

People need to make more effort these days...Audiences are getting Lazy

This ultimately leads to lazy unoriginal film making purely to drive capitalism.

So what? If people don't want to watch films with subtitles..so what. God your posts are awful on here. I've picked up over time that you think you're somewhat 'special' when it comes to films and film knowledge, but if you learnt how to politely share that information with others, instead of coming across as you do, you might enjoy the time you spend here more and others would too.

Caporegime
TriedandTested;30487640 said:
So what? If people don't want to watch films with subtitles..so what. .

Thats fine...But what gets me is people condemning certain cinema because they can't be bothered.

Its arrogance.

Did you actually watch that video?

Permabanned
Ahhhh Easy. You really are turning into Deuse 2.0.

Can the mods somehow help me come up with a phone alert system so that I know where and when either of them have posted?

Associate
easyrider;30487705 said:
If a GF said that to me she'd be dumped and noway become my wife! :p

Is that because you're snobby enough to think people who don't like subtitled films are inferior to you, but you need the pictures because you don't have enough imagination to work it out from a book? :p

You get that there are people that are just as sneery about you because you watched a film of a book instead of reading the book? :rolleyes:

Caporegime
shorttricky;30490206 said:
Is that because you're snobby enough to think people who don't like subtitled films are inferior to you,

No.

It shows a blinkered view...

I find people like that dull.

To blankly dismiss something without even giving it a go or chance.

Caporegime
shorttricky;30490206 said:
You get that there are people that are just as sneery about you because you watched a film of a book instead of reading the book? :rolleyes:

The book is always better than the film...

You only have to look at the nonsense lord of the rings franchise that is utter dross.

The only film to come remotely close to any connect with the book for me is Watership Down imo.

The Martian book blew chunks all over that film of the same nonsense...

Anyway back on topic please

Arrival...:p

Back
Top Bottom