US: Arrow (contains spoilers)

Caporegime
OP
I had mixed feelings on the show for the first 6 or 7 episodes (some were great, some were awful and the poor acting/characters didn't help matters then) but it has grown on me a lot, especially with the last 3 or 4 episodes. Although the island story line is far more interesting (the under taking/main story is getting more interesting now though), especially now that Slade has been introduced and got some air time.

You can't judge any show if you have only seen 1 episode :/

Soldato
You can't judge any show if you have only seen 1 episode :/

Not really true that is it, I saw one episode and thought it was crap why on earth having watched one episode and thinking it was crap would I then want to watch anymore? The show had its chance to impress me enough to watch it again and it failed.

Caporegime
OP
Well for me and the majority of other people I know, it is, especially for a show like this.

I hated heroes for the first 2-3 episodes, but absolutely loved the rest of it once I got to know it a bit better and let the whole thing unfold a bit, it is one of my favourite TV shows to this day now, same goes for pretty much every other TV show.

You haven't given the show enough time to develop the story, get to know the characters or let them progress etc.

So once you see a crap episode of any TV show, I presume you just stop watching it completely then as well? Using that logic, you could say the same thing for games, if the first level doesn't impress you, you just stop playing then?

Last edited:
Soldato
I hated heroes for the first 2-3 episodes, but absolutely loved the rest of it once I got to know it a bit better and let the whole thing unfold a bit, it is one of my favourite TV shows to this day now, same goes for pretty much every other TV show.

No it doesn't, I knew from the first episode whether I would like Heroes or not, same applied with 24, Lost, TWD and most recently Game of Thrones. I know straight away whether I'm going to like a TV show or not.

So once you see a crap episode of any TV show, I presume you just stop watching it completely then as well? Using that logic, you could say the same thing for games, if the first level doesn't impress you, you just stop playing then?

Of course not. A game 9 times out of 10 you've paid money to play specifically so you stick with it even if it doesn't impress straight away, a TV show on just one of the hundreds of channels available is easily passable if it doesn't impress.

Last edited:

NZB

NZB

Associate
Looks like Oliver is getting his sidekick next season, the pickpocket from a few episodes ago

http://www.tvrage.com/news/5557/colton-haynes-promoted-on-arrow

Colton Haynes, who plays the character on The CW's adaptation of the publisher's "Green Arrow" comic, titled Arrow, will be a series regular in the second season. He debuted in the series a month ago, as Thea (Willia Holland), the sister of Oliver (Stephen Amell), noticed him performing a pickpocket. Roy is then revealed to be a kid from the rough streets of Starling City who is struggling to survive and care for his mother, a drug addict.

Harper in the comics is the Green Arrow's sidekick for quite some time and is known as Speedy and later becomes a member of the Teen Titans (as Arsenal) and then the Justice League of America (as Red Arrow). Currently, in the New 52 continuity, he is partnered with Jason Todd, who is known as the Red Hood and is a former Robin.

Caporegime
You'd miss out on a lot of great shows if you judged it entirely on it's first episode.

This reminds me a lot of Grimm actually, I started watching it just because I wanted to watch a new show and for the first 6/7 episodes it was good but not great. It's really improved over time though and it's one of my favourite shows now.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Arrow isn't helped by the fact the lead is a terrible, terrible actor. The show is literally rescued episode to episode by supporting cast and plot still hovering above water while lifting his wooden, samey, stripped from any human emotion "acting" on every step. Eventually though, he will sink the show.

By god, Amell is so bad, he even sucked as an unconscious body lying on a table. He still had that Joey Trebiani "how are you doing" duck face half smirk on his mug and all of his body trembled from that muscle "hnnng" he does every time he's featured topless on camera. Oh, and what's with the Donald Trump in the eye of the storm wig in Island flashbacks?

Other than that, good show.

Caporegime
OP
I thought he was terrible at first, but I think he has got better, still a bit "wooden" though but that is generally when he is "oliver" but yeah the rest of the cast are better.

Caporegime
OP
Great news!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Manu Bennett has been promoted to series regular by the CW for the second season of Arrow. He plays Slade Wilson in the show, and while he has so far been portrayed as an ally to Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen in flashback's to his time on the island, it remains to be seen whether this means we will see him take on his villainous persona as Deathstroke. Other actors have so far been used to portray the well-known DC Comics villain, but do you think now is the time for Slade Wilson to make his small screen debut on Arrow as Deathstroke?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=76098

Caporegime
Was also too obvious what was going to happen with Olivers hot chocolate girlfriend.
Although, thought she was dead, she played dead :p

The acrobat fighting was pathetic too.
Rather he just did a normal fight, but got visually stabbed during the fight.

Soldato
Was also too obvious what was going to happen with Olivers hot chocolate girlfriend.
Although, thought she was dead, she played dead :p

The acrobat fighting was pathetic too.
Rather he just did a normal fight, but got visually stabbed during the fight.

Yeah agreed, I laughed when he did the pointless flip off the wall, that was really ott and unnecessary. This episode was bound to be a bit of a downer after the last one though, that was such a major episode it could have been a season finale.

Back
Top Bottom