Arsenal FC - A complete shambles. What needs to change? *Please read OP before posting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm kinda sad to see him sign an extension. I don't think there is anything he can do in the next two years to turn fans opinions around, and I don't want to see one of the most admirable men in football put through the ringer like he has been this season.

I think it's a good thing as it doesn't look like there's a successor lined up yet, and for me it's not about when Arsene leaves, but who replaces him. Maybe they'll give him a serious shot at the premiere title this year.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think it's a good thing as it doesn't look like there's a successor lined up yet, and for me it's not about when Arsene leaves, but who replaces him. Maybe they'll give him a serious shot at the premiere title this year.
Yeah. I want them to have lined up someone very good when Wenger leaves.

I hope they give him a lot more money to spend this year and he spends it!

Last edited:
Soldato
great to see failure being rewarded so well. The FA cup doesn't exactly count as a successful season especially when you are so many points off your rivals like Chelsea or Spurs. Conte, Pep, Mourhino, Klop and the Poch must be laughing knowing that the top 4 is sewn up again and Wenger will get more rewards for failing again. I am surprised people aren't lining up for the Arsenal job knowing they will get a nice contract even when they fail miserably.

Soldato
The amount of money Wenger is getting paid we could have got anyone. Unless he's got a proper plan in place and some proper transfer targets to sort out asap I don't see what the point is.

Associate
great to see failure being rewarded so well. The FA cup doesn't exactly count as a successful season especially when you are so many points off your rivals like Chelsea or Spurs. Conte, Pep, Mourhino, Klop and the Poch must be laughing knowing that the top 4 is sewn up again and Wenger will get more rewards for failing again. I am surprised people aren't lining up for the Arsenal job knowing they will get a nice contract even when they fail miserably.

How do you define failure? Finishing 5th? That would suggest a team has a divine right to finish there. What would that make the last couple of decades for Spurs say? Or Liverpool? What's worse than failure I wonder.

Nor winning the league? Again that goes for pretty much everyone except the fantasy football billionaires.

So how do you define it? And 5 teams can't be laughing at a top 4 finish. :)

On the new deal it seems the sensible option at the moment. I'd like to have seen a new established team come in but not someone for the sake of it.

Soldato
The amount of money Wenger is getting paid we could have got anyone. Unless he's got a proper plan in place and some proper transfer targets to sort out asap I don't see what the point is.

He will panic buy someone at the last minute after being put under pressure, whoever he buys, we won't need or want.

Caporegime
How do you define failure?

The sheer amount of really poor performances, totally collapsing against Bayern Munich twice, being played off the pitch by a Crystal Palace team managed by Big Sam, losing at home to Watford, losing 3-1 to West Brom, the lack of any sort of grit or determination or leadership. Wenger looked totally lost at times, and somehow managed to bag an FA Cup after drawing two non league teams, Man City being robbed of a goal and then beating a totally hungover Chelsea.

Not getting in the UCL hurts the transfer budget, the ability to retain their stars and the ability to attract much needed improvements. So yeah, FA Cup aside the rot hasn't stopped.

Associate
The sheer amount of really poor performances, totally collapsing against Bayern Munich twice, being played off the pitch by a Crystal Palace team managed by Big Sam, losing at home to Watford, losing 3-1 to West Brom, the lack of any sort of grit or determination or leadership. Wenger looked totally lost at times, and somehow managed to bag an FA Cup after drawing two non league teams, Man City being robbed of a goal and then beating a totally hungover Chelsea.

Not getting in the UCL hurts the transfer budget, the ability to retain their stars and the ability to attract much needed improvements. So yeah, FA Cup aside the rot hasn't stopped.

And yet still won the fa cup and finished 5th. I'm not sure how that equates to failure.

The issues came around the Bayern games which were pretty embarrassing but overall, when you take the first 25 games and last 8, we've actually played pretty well. You've just picked out the worst few games. You could do the same for almost any team.

We have become so entitled as Arsenal fans.

Caporegime
Arsenal fans self entitlement is staggering.

Pleased Wenger has stayed. The man is a monumental figure in modern English football, in my opinion.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
And yet still won the fa cup and finished 5th. I'm not sure how that equates to failure.

The issues came around the Bayern games which were pretty embarrassing but overall, when you take the first 25 games and last 8, we've actually played pretty well. You've just picked out the worst few games. You could do the same for almost any team.

We have become so entitled as Arsenal fans.

Arsenal fans self entitlement is staggering.

Pleased Wenger has stayed. The man is a monumental figure in modern English football, in my opinion.

+1

Well said lads, well said.

Man of Honour
I'm personally happy Wenger is staying, but I wouldn't be as an Arsenal fan.

He's won the FA Cup - which is barely any better than the League Cup these days and is treated in largely the same way.

Despite pretending he's on a shoestring budget, he's spent a fortune, and most transfers with the exception of Sanchez have turned out poorly.

Arsenal just feel like they're in a rut, which revolves around Wenger, he's got the resources and the money, but has really struggled to adapt in the past decade.

I think there's a slight chance he may be able to come good, but it's not likely. Arsenal haven't been a force for a long, long time now.

I don't understand the Arsenal fans, they seem to change their tune at random, one minute they're all fuming, then half of them convince themselves Wenger isn't so bad, it's quite bizarre. At least DM is consistent...

Caporegime
Man, I'd love to be 'in a rut' in fifth place (the fifth best team in the country), having what ~20~ years of European football, competing for trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom