• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

TrM

TrM

Associate
Page works fine for me

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS

I updated mine to 1.60. Don't see any problems.

What settings are you guys using? I left everything in default and just put XMP on.

Voltage is still fluctuating but apparently that's "normal behaviour"

Would be good to share bios settings to find the best settings.

im on bios 1.60 myself also :)

on my 3900x i turned on xmp for my 3200mhz ram

changed core ratio to 43.00

chanded vcore to fixed with value 1.300

only 2 things i have done on this mobo
I can't remember the last time I did a BIOS flash to be honest, how easy was it? I really don't want to brick my expensive motherboard! :p

its really simple and done in the bios under toolls just put the bios file on a fat32

Associate
I emailed Asrock about the CPU fan curve and Destiny 2 yesterday. They emailed me a new BIOS, version 1.65 with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB to try out. I'll give it a shot once I am home. Im In 1.60 at the moment which seems to be the latest one on their website.

Last edited:
Associate
Now you can overclock IF and it actually works. The fan thing still not fixed but I think Im going to change the 3 side fans to a Chassis port instead of CPU fan 2.

Associate
Is it possible to alter the chipset fan speeds on the stock BIOS? The whine is starting to get to me!
Yeah go on the monitor section, all the way down you have SB fan, put it on Silent. You have to be on BIOS 1.60 though, that option is not on previous versions from what I heard.

Associate
Yeah go on the monitor section, all the way down you have SB fan, put it on Silent. You have to be on BIOS 1.60 though, that option is not on previous versions from what I heard.

Okay, I'm on the factory BIOS still, would you believe I can't find a single unused USB stick in my house! I'll have to buy or borrow one ASAP, because I can't put up with it much longer! :(

Associate
I notice this board has an 8pin power with an additional 4 pin aswell. I'm sure I remember buildzoid saying you don't need the extra 4 pin for general use so I didn't bother plugging that in, does anyone know if that will cause problems or am I good with just the 8pin?

Associate
I notice this board has an 8pin power with an additional 4 pin aswell. I'm sure I remember buildzoid saying you don't need the extra 4 pin for general use so I didn't bother plugging that in, does anyone know if that will cause problems or am I good with just the 8pin?
It shouldn't since your CPU is not going to draw that much power unless you are overclocking the 3900X with LN2.

Associate
I emailed Asrock about the CPU fan curve and Destiny 2 yesterday. They emailed me a new BIOS, version 1.65 with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB to try out. I'll give it a shot once I am home. Im In 1.60 at the moment which seems to be the latest one on their website.

Strange they have uploaded that bios into their server.

I've put it on Windows balanced and the voltage drops under 1 idle.

Back
Top Bottom