• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
From looking at the specs - all full size PCIE slots are the same speed - but if you populate more than one at a time that changes. Basically all 3 slots share a x16 lane - check out the site for more details. But basically with one card you can use whatever one you like.

You can't access the BIOS on anything but the first slot though surely? That's how it used to be on my previous systems.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Well I was playing witcher 3 last night about 10 o’clock and my pc decided to turn off no warning etc.

I have a 3900x with X570 Taichi and Corsair 3600mhz ram

The motherboard turns back on and I’m only getting 00 codes run lights are on and only 3 of my 8 fans spin. Last night I did the ram thing different slots and single sticks even tried slower ram from sons pc. Also usdlrd bios flashback button and cleared cmos by the jumper pins back button and taking battery out

I’ve reseated the cpu and cooler etc and still wont do anything but turn on and show 00 code.

Now people have said on other forums on older ASRock boards this points to a cpu problem but most rma the motherboard as that’s only way to get it to work does this sound like a motherboard problem or a cpu failure? As it could be either I think

Associate
Well I was playing witcher 3 last night about 10 o’clock and my pc decided to turn off no warning etc.

I have a 3900x with X570 Taichi and Corsair 3600mhz ram

The motherboard turns back on and I’m only getting 00 codes run lights are on and only 3 of my 8 fans spin. Last night I did the ram thing different slots and single sticks even tried slower ram from sons pc

I’ve reseated the cpu and cooler etc and still wont do anything but turn on and show 00 code.

Now people have said on other forums on older ASRock boards this points to a cpu problem but most rma the motherboard as that’s only way to get it to work does this sound like a motherboard problem or a cpu failure? As it could be either I think
Have you tried clearing CMOS?

Soldato
CH6 - 1700 @ 3.8ghz - 3200mhz Ram Stilts Safe Preset

3D Mark
r8a0bd.jpg

CB15
mvt2lv.jpg

CB20
11snnme.jpg

Division 2 (ignore the rez its because i tabbed out and used snipping tool, its actually 3440x1440)
osh3t1.jpg

3800x Ryzen Master
x21ojb.jpg

3800x 3600mhz C16 Ram 3600 IF Clock Vega @ 1070 - Same Windows NVME as above

3D Mark Timespy
ele2ab.jpg

C15
kbbpth.jpg

CB20
dng0ol.jpg

Division 2
keupa0.png

I have also run benches on Windows with a Fresh Install but there is Zero difference, i should have just kept my old install lol. Will post some benches shortly of the "Game Mode - Auto OC" as ive not tried it yet and im interested to see if it has ANY impact.

Associate
I find the SB chipset fan noise on my Taichi to be annoying.

I've set the fan to switch on when temps increase to 75c on the SB which it almost always does when gaming as the GPU (ASUS 1080 Ti Strix) blocks the chipset fan vent :rolleyes:

TrM

TrM

Associate
I find the SB chipset fan noise on my Taichi to be annoying.

I've set the fan to switch on when temps increase to 75c on the SB which it almost always does when gaming as the GPU (ASUS 1080 Ti Strix) blocks the chipset fan vent :rolleyes:

ive not seen over 65 degress when my board was working and had the fan set to 40% which you couldnt hear it at all tbh

Associate
ive not seen over 65 degress when my board was working and had the fan set to 40% which you couldnt hear it at all tbh

I can hear it clearly, even at ~2500 RPM but it runs at ~5500 RPM when gaming. It's an annoying high pitched buzzing sound. Case airflow isn't an issue. I have a Fractal Define C TG.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I can hear it clearly, even at ~2500 RPM but it runs at ~5500 RPM when gaming. It's an annoying high pitched buzzing sound. Case airflow isn't an issue. I have a Fractal Define C TG.

in my custom water cooled pc in a phanteks elvov x i dont think i could have gotten away without the fan on tbh in my case it warms up pritty quickly tbh and have rads on top and bottom doesnt help in the internal temps at all and this summer in my office at home the window doesnt open and its been like a small oven room:)

but i havent heard it though its been quite quite and that with my pc at idle my 6x corsair fans are spinning at 500rpm so i normally hear the hdd over my fans

Associate
I don't know how some people are having these heat issues, I have mine on Quiet, and even while gaming or benchmarking it does not make a single sound. I only hear it when the PC turns on which is for like 1 second, after that its inaudible.

Soldato
I don't know how some people are having these heat issues, I have mine on Quiet, and even while gaming or benchmarking it does not make a single sound. I only hear it when the PC turns on which is for like 1 second, after that its inaudible.

Trouble is the things are never apples to apples comparisons. What case are they using? What's the ambient temperature? Speed/type/location of fans? Voltages? What else is in the case? Are they OCD about noise? Any other daft stuff ;):D

Associate
Trouble is the things are never apples to apples comparisons. What case are they using? What's the ambient temperature? Speed/type/location of fans? Voltages? What else is in the case? Are they OCD about noise? Any other daft stuff ;):D
I am very picky with noise, which is why I have most of my fans on very low RPM (500-1100) and they are Noctua. You have the same case that I have, do you have any issues?

Soldato
I am very picky with noise, which is why I have most of my fans on very low RPM (500-1100) and they are Noctua. You have the same case that I have, do you have any issues?

Nope, more of an issue was the CPU fans ramping up and down. Now I've changed to a flat fan curve it seems less of an issue. Still need to play around with fans yet but when they are running at speeds like yours I don't notice them at all. Definitely don't notice the chipset fan except on boot up but that's not an issue.

Once I get a 5700XT in there and set it up I expect it to be fairly quiet and cool. Not messing to much until BIOS tweaks etc are sorted, cba to change things and then have to redo it all multiple times! I'm pretty busy doing things outside anyway so don't have as much opportunity to play with it as I will in couple of month's time.

Associate
Nope, more of an issue was the CPU fans ramping up and down. Now I've changed to a flat fan curve it seems less of an issue. Still need to play around with fans yet but when they are running at speeds like yours I don't notice them at all. Definitely don't notice the chipset fan except on boot up but that's not an issue.

Once I get a 5700XT in there and set it up I expect it to be fairly quiet and cool. Not messing to much until BIOS tweaks etc are sorted, cba to change things and then have to redo it all multiple times! I'm pretty busy doing things outside anyway so don't have as much opportunity to play with it as I will in couple of month's time.
I have the CPU fans on Standard, using CPU as source, side fans on static speed (using M/B as source leaves fans static from what I noticed), and bottom intake on Quiet using CPU as source. When Im gaming my Strix 1080ti makes more noise on 55-60% fan speed than my actual PC fans.

Back
Top Bottom