• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
I haven't had the 8d error on 2.10 with xmp on. Only started occuring on 2.80, and not all the time. I've got ram voltage up from 1.35 to 1.375 which so far seems to have sorted it. Using 8 pack branded memory.

I spoke too soon - cold boot issues again this morning. Went into bios and everything reset. Loaded up my saved profile and rebooted and all ok (although date was ok, time was out a few hours?). Think I'll be going back to 2.10, or possibly giving 2.73 a try.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's pretty obvious your cpu does not like 3600mhz.... Run 3533mhz no issues..... Done... Most of the time these issues are absolutely nothing to do with the board just the cpu....

Who says 1.4v is the max safe?? Dear me 1.5v is totally fine.... No issue...

8d is RAM issue can't pass training.... This can be timings, frequency or Cpu limitation with the settings your trying to train....

Well my assumption was because thats what it says on the box "1.2V ~ 1.4V ultra low working voltage"

I'm not trying to train anything its literally just the plain ol' XMP settings in the RAM. Everything is at default/stock/out of the box never even run the Dram calculator can't be bothered messing about with all with that stuff! I've never had any issue like this with any ram sticks in the past. I dunno about anyone else but if I paid for 3600mhz I'd expect it to at least run at, y'know, 3600mhz!

I'm not trying to win any world records for overclocking or infact anything other than buying a board cpu and ram and somehow expecting them to "just work" out of the box because honestly I have better things to do, or is that an unreasonable assumption? Because otherwise clearly I'm missing something here.

i have had the same problems with all BIOSes

Same here.

Last edited:
Associate
1.4v Dram AND 1.15 soc volts can help.
And it can be any one of motherboard, ram or cpu IMC causing a percieved lack of Mhz.
8 pack is telling you that when you are booting up the motherboard is telling you (8D) it cannot train to the memory with your current settings.
If it cant train the memory it will boot up at slower default values.

I had some cold boot issues just after boards released and all i had to do to stop them dead was up the Dram volts. At least to 1.3v dont try to run at 1.2 from experience.

Associate
Had cold boot issue on 2.80 again. Fans ramped up, sat for a while then auto rebooted. I checked and during this time the diagnostic display and the onboard power/reset buttons weren't even on. It went through the usual ramping fans up and down etc then when I got into bios it had reset everything again, time was off too. Put USB stick in with bios files and used flash option. Selected 2.73 and it said "invalid file"??

Rebooted, into bios and tried again and this time it flashed fine so no issues with the actual file? Flashed to 2.73, loaded uefi defaults then enabled XMP profile. All booted up fine. This board is starting to annoy me now. Will try on 2.73 for a bit, and if I continue to have issues go back to 2.10.

I have noticed something odd on 2.8 and 2.73 - if you change the bus speed overclock from "auto" to "manual", the speed still says "auto" in manual options. Trying to put 100 in there results in it saying "auto", whereas anything other than 100 stays. In 2.10 it stated 100 when you enter 100. Why would it even say "auto" when you enable manual settings anyway?

What with the boot issues and the SB fan placement (especially when using the oblong block that is the radeon Vii) I'm regretting my choice of board now.

Caporegime
Not really impressed with the progress on this board. For a "flagship" ish board ASRock seem to have lost interest. Coldboot continuing on 2.8 is mad, it's been months since the 2.73 beta and still not fixed.

Soldato
Not really impressed with the progress on this board. For a "flagship" ish board ASRock seem to have lost interest. Coldboot continuing on 2.8 is mad, it's been months since the 2.73 beta and still not fixed.

Sanity check. You you do not load settings from previous version of the bios yes? Every time you flash new bios, you have to manually set everything even if previous bios exists.

As for the board overall, my annoyance is the crap placement of the fan placing a shroud on the top not thinking that there are big GPUs; which either blow hot air to the SB or press the shroud and make the fan growling when it starts the PC.

Caporegime
Sanity check. You you do not load settings from previous version of the bios yes? Every time you flash new bios, you have to manually set everything even if previous bios exists.

As for the board overall, my annoyance is the crap placement of the fan placing a shroud on the top not thinking that there are big GPUs; which either blow hot air to the SB or press the shroud and make the fan growling when it starts the PC.

Yeah re-entered everything fresh each time. It seems to have randomly stopped the last month without any changes. Going to stay on 2.73 for now.

SB noise is ok but I have a Morpheus with 2x120mm fans on it so airflow is pretty high in that area. When I had my stock 1080 cooler it was annoying.

Associate
Ok guys havent touched my system for a while, should i be using the latest bios? Im on 2.73 i think it is?

Also which version of 1usmus should i be using? Is a link anywhere to the motherboard settings for 1usmus, and lastly i saw AMD released new chipset drivers, should i install these?

@Panos any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have been on 2.50 for quite a while now, and get the odd random cold boot issue. Judging from some previous comments 2.73 seems like a stable one?

Associate
Cold boot issue today on 2.73. Same as previous - no diagnostic display on, fans full tilt.... sits for a good while then restarts. Goes through loads of codes, hard to follow, fans ramping up and down a few times then finally allows me into bios. All settings reset, including time being off.

Back to 2.10. Load defaults then enable xmp. Booted up fine. If problem reoccurs on 2.10 (been stable for me before) I'm calling it quits and getting a different board as this one is driving me nuts now.

Soldato
Does anyone use the Bluetooth on this mobo? I have my DS4 paired but don't use it because I have an XBOne controller so I don't know how good it works. I wondering because 2 weeks ago I tried to pair my Bluetooth earpieces but I can only get them to pair if I put them near the back of the case and as soon as I put them in they lose signal.

When I put this PC together I didn't put in the WiFi antenna on, does that antenna help with Bluetooth signals?

Associate
Does anyone use the Bluetooth on this mobo? I have my DS4 paired but don't use it because I have an XBOne controller so I don't know how good it works. I wondering because 2 weeks ago I tried to pair my Bluetooth earpieces but I can only get them to pair if I put them near the back of the case and as soon as I put them in they lose signal.

When I put this PC together I didn't put in the WiFi antenna on, does that antenna help with Bluetooth signals?

Simple answer - yes. :)

Soldato
Ok guys havent touched my system for a while, should i be using the latest bios? Im on 2.73 i think it is?

Also which version of 1usmus should i be using? Is a link anywhere to the motherboard settings for 1usmus, and lastly i saw AMD released new chipset drivers, should i install these?

@Panos any suggestions? :)

I use 2.73beta with 1usmus v1.1 and latest chipset drivers.

Permabanned
I think I’m still on 2.50 and can’t remember having any issues. The only issue I have is I can’t put the pc to sleep, the minute it turns off it turns back on by itself. Still don’t know why it does it but I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom