• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Caporegime
From what's being said elsewhere by people who picked boards up yesterday, Taichi and the Gigabyte board have whiny horribly noisy chipset fans that don't seem to turn off, nor cool down enough to run slowly. Asus chipset fan is supposedly also loud.

Soldato
From what's being said elsewhere by people who picked boards up yesterday, Taichi and the Gigabyte board have whiny horribly noisy chipset fans that don't seem to turn off, nor cool down enough to run slowly. Asus chipset fan is supposedly also loud.
I'll be amazed if the chipset fan is on when not specifically needed. No reviewers have mentioned this

OcUK Staff
OP

We have a final production sample Taichi that 8 Pack has being hammering and we've noticed no issues with the fan, plus the fan is typically not spinning unless under heavy loads and even then it seems pretty damn silent to my ears.

Associate
OcUK Staff
OP
Also i think 8 Pack and Gibbo would recommend this ram as well,

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £167.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Don't slap me if you don't ha.

I have heard/read 8 Pack likes the Taichi motherboard though from his testing where he wants to know first hand how well the motherboard works then have someone tell him how it works.

Yes and this:

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/ @ £134.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Team...3200MHz-Dual-Channel-Kit-Black-MY-08L-TG.html

TDPGD416G3200HC14ADC01, 3200MHz RAM Speed, CAS 14-14-14-31 Timings, 1.20-1.40v VDIMM, Samsung B-Die, Ideal for 3rd gen Ryzen, Lifetime Warranty with OcUK.

Only £134.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

They use same screened Samsung B-Die so are both pretty much capable of 3200-3600MHz with timings between 14-16, as with all things its luck of draw but we've had the 3200 and 3600 kits running 3600MHz 14-14-14-28-1T in the X570 Taichi, as such both kits seem to get same results, no doubt because they come from same bin and use identical IC and same cooler.

Of course you could just grab some regular Corsair Vengeance 3200 16-18-18-36 for £80 from OcUK and save money, but these use a lesser quality IC and if you enjoy the memory tuning or want the tighter timings then of course Samsung always delivers, as to real world performance well there is not a huge difference in fairness but that is another can of worms, if your like me and typically want the best setup then for me its simple, 3900X, Taichi, 8 Pack 3200/3600 RAM and a Corsair or Aorus Gen4 SSD. :)

Associate
The temptation is sooooo real right now to upgrde my 1700, and i will just need to wait for the right time to pull the trigger

Associate
Yes and this:

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/ @ £134.99 inc VAT

TDPGD416G3200HC14ADC01, 3200MHz RAM Speed, CAS 14-14-14-31 Timings, 1.20-1.40v VDIMM, Samsung B-Die, Ideal for 3rd gen Ryzen, Lifetime Warranty with OcUK.

Only £134.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

They use same screened Samsung B-Die so are both pretty much capable of 3200-3600MHz with timings between 14-16, as with all things its luck of draw but we've had the 3200 and 3600 kits running 3600MHz 14-14-14-28-1T in the X570 Taichi, as such both kits seem to get same results, no doubt because they come from same bin and use identical IC and same cooler.

Of course you could just grab some regular Corsair Vengeance 3200 16-18-18-36 for £80 from OcUK and save money, but these use a lesser quality IC and if you enjoy the memory tuning or want the tighter timings then of course Samsung always delivers, as to real world performance well there is not a huge difference in fairness but that is another can of worms, if your like me and typically want the best setup then for me its simple, 3900X, Taichi, 8 Pack 3200/3600 RAM and a Corsair or Aorus Gen4 SSD. :)

I would buy your recommendations but have no need as i already have a capable motherboard the Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI but i did buy the 8 pack ram 3600mhz and some mx 4 thermal paste for the processor and will be buying the 3700x or 3800x from overclockers uk, as i am loyal customer heh.

So yeah this is excellent advise from both 8 pack and Gibbo on what to get as they spend a lot of time testing and the like from the professionals them self's, also 8 pack is a legend in the overclocking scene.

Soldato
Also i think 8 Pack and Gibbo would recommend this ram as well,

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £167.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Don't slap me if you don't ha.

I have heard/read 8 Pack likes the Taichi motherboard though from his testing where he wants to know first hand how well the motherboard works then have someone tell him how it works.

Excellent choice :)

Associate

https://www.tomshardware.com/review...md-ryzen-3000-am4-atx-motherboard,6217-3.html

noisy fan on the X570 Taichi needs to be manually turned down according to this review. It depends on your definition of noisy though. @Gibbo can you comment?

Soldato

Why don't poeple just wait for proper reviews and testing?

Buy on day 1, you've no idea what you're getting and you get gouged for the privelage.

Associate

That is terrible news back to the old days of them whiny chipset fans :( have non of the review sites pointed this out ??

Caporegime
https://www.tomshardware.com/review...md-ryzen-3000-am4-atx-motherboard,6217-3.html

noisy fan on the X570 Taichi needs to be manually turned down according to this review. It depends on your definition of noisy though. @Gibbo can you comment?

This is one of the issues, testing in an open bench vs testing in a case with multiple sata/power cables around the chipset area, the chipset blocked by a gpu, etc.

Also if you're sitting at home in a quiet room where noise is noticeable vs in a larger workspace with loads of other noises going on, maybe a nice AC cooled area, or with multiple computers all adding to a general background drone then a single fan noise gets lost.

Back in the day when I would have multiple open bench systems going testing parts in an RMA department it was just a constant drone, what counts as quiet there vs at home where the computer is literally the only noise going on is totally incomparable.

Caporegime
OcUK Staff
OP
Back
Top Bottom