Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Man of Honour
OP
Just as a little aside, there's a programme on Channel 5 tonight at 9pm - A Greek Odyssey with Bettany Hughes - which will have some of the real locations that are in this game. She points out the Palace of Knossos in the trailer. I distinctly remember that with its red pillars.

I’ll watch that, thanks.

Man of Honour
Just as a little aside, there's a programme on Channel 5 tonight at 9pm - A Greek Odyssey with Bettany Hughes - which will have some of the real locations that are in this game. She points out the Palace of Knossos in the trailer. I distinctly remember that with its red pillars.

I've been to the palace at Knossos, amongst the many archaeological sites that I've been to (wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger), and it is a pretty stunning site especially when you consider the period it was from.

Caporegime
I've been to the palace at Knossos, amongst the many archaeological sites that I've been to (wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger), and it is a pretty stunning site especially when you consider the period it was from.

Nice one. I think it’s my favourite spot in the whole game, certainly the bit I remember most.

Associate
I was really enjoying this game, sunk about 60 hours true gameplay in then just kinda got bored. It seemed very repetitive, the same things over and over. I can't help but feel that they were trying to be overly-ambitious with the size of the map. Compared to old assassin's creed games I was impressed, at least some areas looked different and distinguishable but a lot you can tell is copy and pasted which is a real shame. I guess I'm just comparing every RPG game to the Witcher.. Something about the 'atmosphere' when you played that game which you really can't beat.

Caporegime
I was really enjoying this game, sunk about 60 hours true gameplay in then just kinda got bored. It seemed very repetitive, the same things over and over. I can't help but feel that they were trying to be overly-ambitious with the size of the map. Compared to old assassin's creed games I was impressed, at least some areas looked different and distinguishable but a lot you can tell is copy and pasted which is a real shame. I guess I'm just comparing every RPG game to the Witcher.. Something about the 'atmosphere' when you played that game which you really can't beat.
I know what you mean. I have 70+ hours on it and just one day ... stopped playing. Not sure if it's a pacing issue or the repetitiveness but the sheer scale did move from being overwhelming (in an excited way) to overwhelming (in a ... meh kind of way). I might pick it up again because it is a fun game, it just lacked that impetus to drive forward which the best games have.

Associate
One of the comments Ubi made with the reveal of Valhalla was that they felt the game world in Odyssey became too big, so it seems they've clocked that issue already. Makes sense mind, getting sent half way across the map for a mission just became a chore of travelling.

Associate
Hoping someone can shed some light but I just installed my 6800 and running a 3600 and my FPS at 1440p ultrawide is about 60 odd which I think should be a tad higher considering I am on a mixture of high settings, no volumetric clouds.

The weird thing is the GPU core is bouncing all over the place, sometimes it goes down to 9% usage and then continues bouncing constantly, anyone got any ideas what's causing this? Windows power plan is on AMD Ryzen - High Performance so I don't think that is the issue.

Associate
Dynamic resolution and AA have been turned off. It does the same thing with Assassin's Creed Origins, other games like Hitman 2 and Forza 4 are fine. Just weird that in both bloody Ubisoft games both the GPU utilisation and frequency are all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom