Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Man of Honour
OP
they just need to add more depth to the gameplay, origins didnt even require stealth like they used to, to much effort i guess. typical of ubisoft to creat a great looking game but put no effort into actual gameplay or characters

The environment and attention to detail was seriously impressive though.

They need to bring back some of the mechanics from Unity/Syndicate. Those assassination missions were brilliant.

Man of Honour
OP
when it was ezio i actually wanted to follow his story and back then the modern story was actually bareable.
i liked, i think from brotherhood when doing the main missions you had objectives where doing them would complete the memory 100%.
they also added the extended leap(up) which if done wrong you would end up jumping off the wall to your death, now theres to much hand holding, i remember when u had to time jumps just right, the tombs were always a good challenge aswell.

Ezio had the last great story. Both stories were fantastic and the tombs were a genuine challenge. I quite liked AC3 surprisingly, the environment was stunning and the story decent, but that was the start of the decline in the story. These days the story seems to be an after thought. I did thoroughly enjoy Origins though, the gameworld and attention to detail blew my mind. I hope they have continued to refine it for this one.

Man of Honour
OP
Well, it's kinda complicated the way all the different studios involved overlap their timelines and responsibilities....but it's a different lead studio, Quebec in this case.

In other news...no new AC in 2019, dev is focusing on 2 years of post-launch content for Odyssey :>

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...s_Creed_series_is_skipping_a_2019_release.php

Good to hear they are taking another break. Hopefully to continue to push the series forward. Origins was very good, I hope this is as good, but also not just a copy of the game mechanics.

Man of Honour
OP
True , though the motivation (for me at least) to get the Gold edition was really down to the fact that it includes all expansions/DLC in that edition, which if I had bought the standard edition I would have ended up needing to buy anyway down the road, so the Gold edition was a good deal (with the 20% off and 3 day headstart being merely additional bonus to getting all the expansion/dlc)

This. Whilst also keeping in mind that Origins had some significant DLC and they seem to be planning the same for this. Early access has nothing to do with it. That is just a nice bonus.

Man of Honour
OP
Nar, every publisher is doing it now. Forza has the same 4 day crap for no reason locked behind it's most pricey edition, I'm not sure how anyone could rationalize this into being anything other than a farce. Few years ago people would have been up in arms about publishers locking release dates behind extra paywalls.

Apart from the fact that you are jumping on the anti-gaming practice bandwagon (most practices of which I don't like either), why shouldn't people have the option to pay more if they want early access (not that this is happening here)? It's their money. If there was a game that I really really wanted, say Elder Scrolls 6 for example, I would happily pay a lot of money to play it early (especially if it was coming out during my time off work).

Back
Top Bottom