Assassins Creed Shadows - AC finally (at last) heads to Japan

Soldato
There are many issues with this franchise.

One of the biggest ones is the lack of innovation.

I hope Shadows does something new. They make it sound like the weather system could be a little innovation in the way that you approach missions will be different depending on the weather and time of year.

Also things I didn't like in Odyssey and Valhalla are those silly fetch quests.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sweet baby inc 100% garunteed

Of course. They have negatively impacted almost every game they come into contact with and I dont expect this game to be any different.

Also from this video I found it hilarious people were using a video of some random ex restaurant employee's opinion on Yasuke being Samuri. Hes wearing a Kimono, so he must be an expert.

Soldato
Looks very similar to Valhalla, just with japanese coat. But the shinobi gameplay looks pretty decent, the new freerunning animations especially. I might rent it but not in any rush.

Man of Honour
OP
Watched a bit.. Looking really good! Is it like Oddyssey then where you pick your character or do yo get to switch as part of the story? Not sure if you know, just asking
I think I remember reading somewhere that you can change back and forth whenever you want

Edit : Comtois elaborates, "It's a balanced approach. Most of the content can be played by either character, and there's no hard gating that says this is a Naoe thing. Story moments are character focused, but the rest of the game is open, and progression incentivises you to switch, because when you play just one character for a while, they will pick up stuff for the other character to use. So both characters kind of progress together

Last edited:
Soldato
Working my way through the AC franchise. Currently on AC Black Flag just now (sequence 4 or 5, I forget).... I am really enjoying this one and is right up there with the Ezio Trilogy. After that trilogy, AC3 and Liberation were a little disappointing but AC4 (Black Flag) seems a really good move.

Will see if the subsequent ones are just as good (Rogue is next?)

Soldato
After watching some footage I just can't stomach a black man brutalising Japanese people in feudal Japan.
Will definitely be skipping this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
The story of a black man in feudal Japan has roots in real history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke. To the extent that the Japanese created manga like Afro Samurai for their own domestic market, during the non-woke 1990s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro_Samurai
Sure buddy of all the great heroes of feudal Japan they managed to dig out a samurai squire that was kept alive as a novelty and never saw any combat.

As a greek I got my Alexios. Shame on ubisoft.

Not to mention how distasteful it is considering the violence against Asians from blacks in the states.

Back
Top Bottom