Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
Been playing this for a bit, have to say i prefer odyssey over this. Odyssey was game of the year for me where as this is just another ubisoft game so far, decent but forgettable.
Im really hoping it picks up as i dont usually buy games at full price anymore which i have for this.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I really like it as it has awesome storyline and good music (on over-the-ear headset), then it has poor parts (so back to disappointed).

What people's take on the jumping about? i.e.
  • viking storyline arch
  • glitch modern day trippy
  • north america
  • asgard mythical
I would have preferred just the ones bolded, the others are extra random and this is where different teams have worked on them and not as well polished.

Soldato
I'm 106 hours in and haven't seen Asgard yet - how do I get there? I quite enjoyed the Vinland part, was annoyed I spent ages acquiring all the gear to find out I couldn't use it.

I never bother with the modern day parts. I just do what it expects of me then jump right back in as soon as possible

I've killed 44 of the Order and I can quite clearly see who the Father is but it annoyingly wont let me do anything until I complete the other areas.

Soldato
The voice sync broke in a recent patch, before this I think it was ok?

I went through a couple of days where it crashed a handful of times but seems to be ok again even though no more patches have been slipped in (unless I did not see them).

I dont like certain mechanics like the rune system, where if you save it before the shop, killing a zealot, you can reload it and get different drops - all this does is force a grind moment until you have the reward your looking for. They need to look at the armour sets and explain if runes stack, and hopefully tooltip or put in visually what the changes you make to the build do for you.

There also seems to be a cliff where it became obvious once you hit like Power Level 200 most of the battles become too easy. Like what it has played out is by time you get best weapons/armour access your already overpowered so it make it pointless. It would be nice to grab some armour/weapons halfway through so you could experiment which setup you wanted.

Soldato
The combat system is a bit rough and slow on the edges. Its not as smooth and dynamic as Ghost of Tshushima.

The game looks really nice though but thats about it. I think there is far too much dialog or it may be the fact that i am bored of the storyline itself and i now just skip the dialog.

Soldato
Yeah they audio bugs are a bit annoying and only tend to happen when in conversation.

To be fair though at 15 hours you've barely started the game (took me about 10-12 hours of the starting location alone) and probably haven't unlocked many abilities/skills. The combat gets a bit more intersting once you've started acquiring those bits. If the combat could've been Odyssey but with a stamina bar I would've been happy

Soldato
Yeah 15 hours is nothing. I really enjoyed the storyline, not a fan of too much cut scenes but it does die off the later in the game you get. I think I enjoyed it less when Sigurd had the thing happen to him (dont wanna spoiler it for those), it was at this point I got annoyed with the fixed direction where it seemed to make Eivor angry at him and you couldnt select dialogue away from it. It never got on track since.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Enjoying playing this so far with my ps5 controller.

had a handful of random crashes out of the blue. Graphics are really nice and really enjoying the combat although the difficulty is really messed up imo. I'm having to play the game on the highest difficulty to get any sort of challenge, what's up with that???

Soldato
I'm having to play the game on the highest difficulty to get any sort of challenge, what's up with that???

Yes this is true as once you get nice items and put runes in them you destroy everything. The game changer for me was binding another mouse button to dodge (default z key was in awkward place on my keyboard), since then I dodge in time making shields in combat not really necessary especially when you get the dual 2h ability.

Soldato
Thought I had solved my ram instability issues but had a crash in this game on the map.

The game was still up and visible but I couldn't click anything all I had was a windows mouse curser (yes whilst inside the game)

Thing is I finished off Watch Dogs Legion which was given me crashes almost every other sessions and things have been stable for a few weeks now.

So I am wondering if it was the game that crashed rather than my ram being unstable.

A quick google does show lots of people complaining that even patch 1.1.1 is still not stable.

But when you are running overclocks it's almost impossible to know if it's your overclock or the game.

Soldato
Well reading the comments above I can see you are guys are complaining about bugs in the game.

I've seen the lip syncing one my self where they don't move, so kinda wondering if the freeze last night was just the game.

Only way to really tell is either back to stock or play something else for a bit.

Such a shame that these AAA titles are coming out so buggy atm.

It's a real shambles.

Back
Top Bottom