1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Dirk Diggler, 29 Apr 2020.

1. ltron

Mobster

I am still getting random display driver crashes from time to time in this game despite Nvidia claiming to have fixed it in the latest driver and I'm not the only one. It never crashed before the last couple of drivers, maybe you are suffering from the same problem. I have reported it to Nvidia so they know their latest driver did not fix the issue for at least some of us.

2. opethdisciple

Capodecina

Ah yes, I remember now. There was a supposed 'fix' for crashes in Valhalla in the hotfix before the last full driver we received.

Found it.

[Assassin's Creed Valhalla] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay [200679654]

---

Yea for now I am going to say it's an issue with Valhalla.

I can play other games no issue. I might wait on Valhalla for the next patch and Nvidia drivers.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2021
  3. Th0nt

Capodecina

Yeah I seem to get sporadic crashes. It can be days without problems then have couple in one session. Definitely the game being rushed, like one person tubed, they need not have wasted time on things like the Yule festival and concentrated on ironing bugs out.

4. drakulton

Wise Guy

So, a hired killer gets into the flavoured floor levelling business. Does this really deserve its own thread?

5. Digital X

Sgarrista

6. Th0nt

Capodecina

Done some tonight. A nice extension but still feels somewhat empty as the raids are very short (and wimpy jomsvikings dying). GCWCF (got cape.wore cape.flew).

7. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Anyone playing this on a LG OLED? I've picked it up after a bit of a break and I'm still finding the HDR washed out looking.

8. Radox-0

Mobster

Yup been on C9 and looks great to me. OLED light at 100, contrast at 90, brightness 50, sharpness 10. 12bit HDR 4:4:4 in Nvidia CP and in-game max luminance at 900Cd and exposure at 1. Overall image tends to be darker the washed out but the specular highlights shine through very nicely. What works for me at least.

9. Grim5

Sgarrista

Looks great to me. The previous AC game looked washed out, Hdr on resulted in the screen look super white and faded but in Valhalla it's great.

I've recently been getting CTD with display driver crash errors only in Valhalla and I've narrowed it down and found it's being caused by HWinfo - as soon as I stop HWinfo Fromm running no more crashes

10. [email protected]

Wise Guy

Have they included one handed swords yet?

11. Th0nt

Capodecina

No its just seax (dagger) or the 2h swords still.

12. Radox-0

Mobster

Has anyone else got an issue with the spartan bow? Mine keeps resetting back to base stats? thought I was losing the plot, been gold as long as I remember, restart the game and drops back to red. Costs so much resources to upgrade so stopped using it anyone else seen this or got other items doing similar recently?

13. Th0nt

Capodecina

I have not noticed it but thanks for heads up will check it next time im on.

14. Radox-0

Mobster

15. Th0nt

Capodecina

Sad really, still bugs jumping out after this long and they have time to waste in things like the Yule festival which I thought was poor..

16. ne0

Gangster

I dunno I kind of enjoy running around with 6 arrows sticking out my hand :/

17. Tombstone

Capodecina

Makes a welcome change, arrows are legendary for generally targetting the knee

18. Th0nt

Capodecina

Reda shop items could be a bit more consistent, I mean who buys/wants the tattoo in the daily?

19. ltron

Mobster

20. Junglist

Sgarrista

I don't know what's happened but I just can't bring myself to play this game. It just seems like half of the game that Odyssey was

Almost 100 hours into it and just can't be bothered to play any more