Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
This game is a bit of a nightmare for completionists. I've got about 4 regions fully cleared, all the legendary creatures and I'm now slogging through the main quest but there's still a ton of stuff to get through. Just when I'm feeling burnt out though I end up coming back for more the next day:D

:o Lol yeah. Why before even starting first arc got everything done in all the zones (bar the gear which was locked behind story) seeing clean maps is nice. I know knowing me if I started a story arc, would be off every second as soon as I saw a close by icon pop up :D

Associate
I've really enjoyed it and have only cleared a couple of areas but I doubt I'll play it again this year if Cyberpunk lives up to the hype - although I've got a feeling it won't.

I get where you're coming from with CP2077. It seems to have gone a bit of the path I expected it to follow however I may be pleasantly surprised. We'll soon know!

Associate
:o Lol yeah. Why before even starting first arc got everything done in all the zones (bar the gear which was locked behind story) seeing clean maps is nice. I know knowing me if I started a story arc, would be off every second as soon as I saw a close by icon pop up :D

Yeah, its frustrating when you're clearing an area and there's no way of knowing whether a particular item is blocked by the story or not. I've also had a few times where I can't find an exploding pot and have had to carry one about a mile from the nearest location :D

There's a few quality of life improvements/annoyances I'd like to see in a patch:

• An always run option. I'm fed up of having to toggle on sprint, and it seems to turn off again whenever you bump into an object.
  • Remove fall damage. Gameplay > realism for this.
  • As Pighardia mentioned, songs stopping whenever you pass a raid location. And the mast/sail up/down barks are annoying given the number of bridges.
  • More fast travel locations please, but not the vantage point kind. Especially in the Asgard areas, they were a pain to navigate.
  • Option to turn off the water on the screen effects when sailing. Is this to simulate wearing glasses or something?
  • Why do Orlag games get ticked off on completion but the drinking games don't?

Man of Honour
Having still not received my physical disk and with no response from Ubisoft, Paypal have resolved in my favour and I have my money back. It really shouldn't be so difficult! I'll never order from the Ubisoft store again, especially when they first refused to cancel my issue for no valid reason.

Yeah, its frustrating when you're clearing an area and there's no way of knowing whether a particular item is blocked by the story or not. I've also had a few times where I can't find an exploding pot and have had to carry one about a mile from the nearest location :D

Really frustrating. Sometimes you have to really think (but a fair few times the locations are impossible or level restricted) - I like how they vary them e.g. one wall you have to throw your torch over, or another moveable wall you have to shoot the objects blocking it through the window from the other side.

Soldato
The water on the screen issue, this got to me yesterday as I was in a town with a lot of puddles. There was more water on the screen than the floor! Same if you go anywhere near a small stream.

Soldato
Having still not received my physical disk and with no response from Ubisoft, Paypal have resolved in my favour and I have my money back. It really shouldn't be so difficult! I'll never order from the Ubisoft store again, especially when they first refused to cancel my issue for no valid reason.

Really frustrating. Sometimes you have to really think (but a fair few times the locations are impossible or level restricted) - I like how they vary them e.g. one wall you have to throw your torch over, or another moveable wall you have to shoot the objects blocking it through the window from the other side.

Dang so get game for free too, nice!

Man of Honour
Just over 70 hours and finished, apart from running around getting last few mysteries and artefacts.

I've just reached 70 hours myself too, still got Asgard and Vinland to do and the high level bit back in Norway, and 5 regions of England, to 100% the game. Though with Cyberpunk arriving this coming week, it might be a little while before I finish Valhalla off (unless Cyberpunk turns out to be a car crash)

Associate
I seem to have run out of skill tree:D

Currently doing Vinland, then I need to finish off the main quest. Done all of asgard and the one after it. After that I'll probably finish off Norway, mop up the rest of the order and any legendary creatures I may have missed. Not sure if I'll try to 100% England as I tend to go for the minor wealth chests too and there's loads of them.

Associate
I tend to go for the minor wealth chests too and there's loads of them.

i was the same at first but now i just grab them as and when i see some.. theres way too many lol

i might need to speed up a bit more too, im 53hours in and only just started Lunden.. i do play stealth as much as i can though so that slows things down
im having trouble finding Deer antlers of all things too... must have killed 100 deer and not had a single one

Soldato
The random drop of a creatures 'special' item is frustrating. I needed a hare's foot and had to kill about ten if the beggars. Each one had four feet while I was hunting them!

Man of Honour
Not sure if I'll try to 100% England as I tend to go for the minor wealth chests too and there's loads of them.

Yeah I am doing all the minor wealth ones for my 100%, which is why its taking me so long, they are easily missed because they only show on the map if you fully zoom the map in. But I'm determined to get every one of them, got them all so far :)

Associate
Yeah I am doing all the minor wealth ones for my 100%, which is why its taking me so long, they are easily missed because they only show on the map if you fully zoom the map in. But I'm determined to get every one of them, got them all so far :)

do you know if those ones actually count towards your progress % ?
i want 100% but dont fancy getting all the small chests, taking me long enough to get all the major ones in each region

Man of Honour
do you know if those ones actually count towards your progress % ?
i want 100% but dont fancy getting all the small chests, taking me long enough to get all the major ones in each region

I dont think the minor ones are needed for the ingame 100%, I think its only the ones on the 3 bars that are needed. I'm just doing all the minor ones as well for a "true" 100% rather than the games 100%

Soldato
I dont think the minor ones are needed for the ingame 100%, I think its only the ones on the 3 bars that are needed. I'm just doing all the minor ones as well for a "true" 100% rather than the games 100%
Doesn't the minor chests also contain the linen that's needed for upgrading stuff ? I only got 2 linen so far and can't remember from what kind of chest it was since I wasn't paying attention at the time it happened.

Man of Honour
Doesn't the minor chests also contain the linen that's needed for upgrading stuff ? I only got 2 linen so far and can't remember from what kind of chest it was since I wasn't paying attention at the time it happened.

Sometimes they do yeah, get a variety of loots from them

Man of Honour
I gave up going for 100% after origins, I burnt out well before with odyssey, it was ridiculously big. This time I’m just picking up the easy pickups on my way to quests. Doubt I’ll come back to this after finishing the story, it’s good, but there are too many other great games on game pass that I want to play.

Soldato
For those that got to Asgard and slightly further

When you kill that level 400 Legendary beast in Jotunheim does it show up in your legendary animal collection back in the village? feels like it should nine animals shown when your turn in the heads and 10th block seems suspiciously free, would have thought that animal from Jotunheim would fill it, but it does not? Recall not picking anything up from the animal like the others.

Associate
anyone lost a little performance in the built in benchmark with the new drivers? (457.51)
swear I got 104 now its like 92. all ultra 1440p

Back
Top Bottom