Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
I wasn't referring to you personally, Tony :)

Anyway, like I've said in multiple other posts, look at this as a controlled beta for AC2. Let them iron out the kinks with a new engine and multiplayer system etc, then they can get to work on sorting out content for a proper sequel.
It's fair to say that they've gone with GT3 as it's easily the most popular type of racing in public lobbies.

Also, you'll find that I kind of agree with you.
As for ACC, I'm hoping modders don't take too long to figure things out. GT3 is great fun and offers brilliant racing, but the limited content is gonna get old real fast.
Other than that, looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
well i dont know about that . assetto corsa i put in a lot of time in just on nords.so ten tracks or the like is fine if they decent.

Soldato
Yeah, well that's you...
I've also spent a hell of a lot of time Nords. So what?

Also, who's talking purely about tracks? We're talking about a single car class.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't referring to you personally, Tony :)

Anyway, like I've said in multiple other posts, look at this as a controlled beta for AC2. Let them iron out the kinks with a new engine and multiplayer system etc, then they can get to work on sorting out content for a proper sequel.
It's fair to say that they've gone with GT3 as it's easily the most popular type of racing in public lobbies.

Also, you'll find that I kind of agree with you.

Yep I get ya mate, not sure why i quoted you, it wasn't aimed at you personally, just quicker to tag the topic for reply. Wasn't really thinking all that straight. Im keen to see how it looks though, will probably end up buying just because it's a racing game.

If we can get a proper SIM racer on PC like Assetto Corsa with the jaw dropping visuals of Gran Turismo Sport with days of content and an Iracing style multiplayer, I'd die a happy man.

Caporegime
OP
well you were saying it will get boring very fast . i was just saying the opposite. if the tracks are good thats more than enough.

Soldato
Well, we can drive all those tracks and almost all of those GT3 cars in AC right now.
If you're happy driving nothing but GT3, then good for you. I like them as much as anyone else, but variety is the spice of life and all that...

Btw, do you actually race online?

ED: Remember that you're only gonna have one car and one track for a month. In 6 months, you're still only going to have 6 cars and 6 tracks.
While it's gonna be sweet to have proper day/night and (non-dynamic for now) weather + shiny new graphics and improved multiplayer, I really don't get why some people are already dropping AC for this...

Last edited:
Soldato
Afternoon, assetto corsa competition £22 Early Release 1 is 50GB download with early release 2 in Oct 10th a Free DLC / Early Release 3 Nov 14th £31 with ER 4 Dec 12th Free DLC / Early Release 5 Jan 16TH 2019 £40 with ER 6 Feb 13th Free DLC.

Full Game Release coming Q1-2019

*Buy on Steam at any time at the indicated price and get all previous and next Early Access releases, 1.0 version included
**2019 Season coming as a free update, Summer 2019.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

Soldato
Looking at the Roadmap I'll be skipping this and may pick it up next year some time on an offer, or when they have enough content to appeal over base Assetto Corsa. Good luck to the devs though, I hope it works out well and provides a good basis for an AC2 with a much wider appeal.

Soldato
I just don't understand why people over at RD are claiming competizion to be the bargain of the century. I hope it's great and carries the great legacy forward that Corsa has built, but ill wait for a test drive. The engine swap could give it a totally different feel. I like Pcars 2 but for non of the reasons I like Assetto for.

Back
Top Bottom