Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Hi guys, thinking about buying this game and would like to get involved here. Can anyone tell me which expansions I would need to join in? Cheers

Well firstly great choice of game to buy, come get on track with us :D

Secondly, as for expansions it's hard to say what you would need, Uncle Petey who sorts out the server and weekly challenges might be better able to advise you but there has been a mix of weeks (such as this week) where no content from any expansion has been needed just default cars/tracks and free to download content.

For what it is worth the expansion packs are worth the money (which isn't something I say about games that often) the only issue is that if content is on the server from one of the expansion packs and you don't have it but have everything else it will prevent you from joining...so all I can say really is for you to be sure you can join each week, unless Uncle Petey decides to continue with default and free to download content only is to get the expansion packs as well if you can.

"Someone" eh? :D

@dl8860
It varies from week to week as mentioned, but I'd really recommend grabbing the Assetto + all three dream packs package deal at a minimum tbh mate - not just for this TT thread, mind. You'll have more options for your own entertainment and will be a lot less limited when you go online.
The discounted season pass for the three Porsche packs would probably be a wise idea too. It's a bargain if you ask me.

OK cheers Petey and Fireblade. I've ordered an xbox controller to play this but have cocked up delivery so won't get it until Monday. Is it worth even trying with keyboard and mouse!?

Tried F40 again with lower tyre pressures, 13 laps not one single valid lap achieved. I am very tired though, only got 4 hours sleep in total...bloody hideous car, and why is it so difficult to get the car in gear on downshift, sometimes I feel AC is unnecessarily difficult just to convince people it's more "Sim" cos it's proper hardcore...

Blip the throttle on downshifts fore the F40 and YB, helps a lot under braking.

For the YB, up the diffs to 60/60, or 40/60 to help with traction when decelerating.

Not that I'm fast wither either. But helped me at least get a valid lap.

Are you heel&toe downshifting? I can't say I've noticed the issue you've mentioned but I'm comfortable blipping on downshifts now, only issue I really ever get is locking up the back wheels if I shift too aggressively.

Yes, but I'm clearly rubbish at it :) I have auto-clutch off and it just rejects the gearchange sometimes...I don't shift too early or anything, it might be I'm not matching revs well enough but I just find it really frustrating tbh

Yes, but I'm clearly rubbish at it :) I have auto-clutch off and it just rejects the gearchange sometimes...I don't shift too early or anything, it might be I'm not matching revs well enough but I just find it really frustrating tbh

I've often wondered myself if on the older cars they've made it so that you need to have the clutch fully down before starting to move the gear stick for a guaranteed gear changed. I usually get the failed down change when I am trying to be too fast at changing gear. If I just slow it down a little it always works in the older cars. The newer manual cars seem more forgiving, at least it seems that way to me.

I don't think it's shifting too quick that's the problem, I'm an early braker, like to get the car stable before the corner so I'm rarely rushing in. I usually have time for 2 or 3 attempts at shifting before I coast off at the corner in neutral lol. Once it rejects the gearchange I can blip and be as gentle as I like but it just seems to be one of those "computer says no" things. I know it's something I'm doing but I'm jiggered if I know what it is, because it doesn't happen all the time and I'm pretty consistent. I don't want to switch on auto clutch because I'm heel n toeing but it gets on my nerves frankly!

Actually it may be the full depression of the clutch, will try and sort it by configuring the clutch pedal slightly shorter...

Last edited:
Like you too Born even with blipping the throttle to high revs and selecting the gear I was aiming for ends up resulting in a spin. Best way is to slot it into a higher gear and once settled go from there, or just coast until straightened.

Been a busy week for me. I hope to get a few laps tonight just to see what fun you've all been having but even that may not happen :(

Are you still at full braking force when doing the downshift? As you've probably noticed when pulling away the clutch on the F40 is very snappy. Need to lift off the brake whilst going down the gears a little.

Probably although I cadence brake to stop it locking and brake force is turned right down. I really need something that gives better feedback when the wheels lock more...it's either that or use abs on every car. I don't seem to know i'm locked up until I sail past the corner.

Yeh I know that feeling, whilst I usually tend to notice I am locking up trying to then find the sweet spot of lifting off is just impossible, it's either lift off and overshoot, or slide into the corner half sideways locking up and lose a load of time anyway! The only feedback I have is the sound. I guess without buying some expensive hydraulic thing to simulate g-force or something there isn't much that can be done :(

Back
Top Bottom