Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Born2BSlow - thanks for the tips this evening. Still struggling to be competitive - but enjoying it immensely, regardless. That F40 was locking up like a mofo until I lowered the brake force - and then it tended to sail on at every corner until I re-thought my braking points :-)

No problem I saw the puffs of smoke at every corner when I was following you :)

Yes sorry forgot to mention if you lower the brake force you need to brake earlier, although I'm an early breaker normally anyway. I like to get the car balanced and in correct gear before the apex, even better before turning in with pigs like the F40 and RUF. That way you can comfortably throttle steer through the corner (that's the theory anyway).

Go 2 seconds faster......

:p

253386.jpg

Drop downforce levels and play with gearing is all I've done, then it's just bravery and faith it will stick. Love it it's mental quick.

Will give that a go cheers. I did play with the gearing a bit which helped.

Well off with the f40. Keeping tyres warm seems 5o be impossible for me, just can't control it whilst driving it hard. At my speed they cool down and I'm even worse off, about 10 seconds it seems.

I'm Dupanoodle on the list :)

Tried the F40, Evora and X2010.

F40 is impossible. Doesn't stop and needs arm fulls of lock to go around corners at any speed. Shame because it's my unicorn car.

Evora.... hmmm. Doesn't feel right. Any speed I'll just end up sliding and no amounts of opposite lock changes it.

I couildn't do one cleap lap for either of them.

X2010... not bad. I prefer the fast cars. Miles off the winning pace but I was just using the stock setup.

What tyres should I be using and what fuel levels do you guys run?

I normally run about 10 laps worth of fuel, and whatever the stickiest tyres are. The F40 has semi-slicks although they didn't make much difference to begin with. If Ferrari really made a car that handled that badly they should have gone bump....

Surprised about the Evora I found that handled really well after driving the Yellowbird, lacked grunt though.

X2010 I zeroed the downforce at one point when I was experimenting, it has enough to stick without wing angle... although it definitely feels less grippy. It's about finding the balance that works for you.

I think the F40 is maybe a bit "bugged" at the moment. It's on an older build of the tyre model, I think that and the stupidly high default pressure just makes it impossible without a lot of fine tuning. I've managed to get a setup where I'm just about keeping the tyres warm but I've really got to push damn hard to keep it there. It's definitely handling in a predictable way and stops well for me at this point though.

iBert - are you finding the same thing? I'm getting closer to your time but just can't match you in the corners. Especially in the latter 2 sectors. Looking at S1 the graph makes us look neck and neck until Eau Rouge where you just carry much more speed, would love to know what your line is there. Seems I'm braking much later into Les Combes though, but that just isn't enough to even match you in S1!

I think the F40 is maybe a bit "bugged" at the moment. It's on an older build of the tyre model, I think that and the stupidly high default pressure just makes it impossible without a lot of fine tuning. I've managed to get a setup where I'm just about keeping the tyres warm but I've really got to push damn hard to keep it there. It's definitely handling in a predictable way and stops well for me at this point though.

iBert - are you finding the same thing? I'm getting closer to your time but just can't match you in the corners. Especially in the latter 2 sectors. Looking at S1 the graph makes us look neck and neck until Eau Rouge where you just carry much more speed, would love to know what your line is there. Seems I'm braking much later into Les Combes though, but that just isn't enough to even match you in S1!

The only thing I can tell you is that I dropped the tyre pressures to about 27psi after noticing they were not keeping warm, and they still don't after that, but it's much more stable in the corners now, especially on exit.

27 psi? i was only dropping the tyre pressures a couple of psi and default is what 36?, will have to switch on tyre temps app, never thought to do that before...

I'm going to get all over this if I get chance at the weekend (big if though!)

The Yellowbird... What on actual earth!? Surely just surely it isn't that silly? It's barely making any speed yet takes a frigging runway to stop!

Last chicane, I can start braking at the gantry using heel-toe to slow down so I can brake hard and I still miss the corner by miles. Something not right there. It's going really slow yet needs you to go slower just to make the corners. A clean lap for me is impossible. I have the nixim brake mod on my G27 pedals and having to use all the force in the world to stop makes a full lap ridiculous.

I might slow it down and build it up but that car is stupid. Who test drove that after putting it in the game and said "yep, this is fun". Sadist. Same goes for the F40.

For the Evora. I can't get round half a lap without the tyre glowing red and it going all over the place? Maybe the games trolling me or I'm just that way out. Haha.

The Yellowbird... What on actual earth!? Surely just surely it isn't that silly? It's barely making any speed yet takes a frigging runway to stop!

Last chicane, I can start braking at the gantry using heel-toe to slow down so I can brake hard and I still miss the corner by miles. Something not right there. It's going really slow yet needs you to go slower just to make the corners. A clean lap for me is impossible. I have the nixim brake mod on my G27 pedals and having to use all the force in the world to stop makes a full lap ridiculous.

I might slow it down and build it up but that car is stupid. Who test drove that after putting it in the game and said "yep, this is fun". Sadist. Same goes for the F40.

For the Evora. I can't get round half a lap without the tyre glowing red and it going all over the place? Maybe the games trolling me or I'm just that way out. Haha.

And with all that said, this is why I've decided to give this week's challenge a miss as I just don't have time this week to spend getting the cars right :D

*raises hand as sadist*
lol

It's like that because it's like that to drive in real life! Neither of them has a reputation for being an easy car to drive fast, that's what makes them so rewarding to get right :D

Oh yeah, rage aside, hats off a and props to the guys who can stick the hot fast laps in. I'm not bad at these games but don't play often so not great.

I love the challenge and know my cars, agree they're meant to be a hand full. Think I was spilt with F1 2016. Did a bit of iracing too for a while and it felt good to get a quick lap in. I'll master one of these unicorns!!

I'm playing at a desk with a G27 and pedals butted up against a full 5l bottle of Honda coolant to stop them moving. I'm going to fashion a board to put them on will make braking easier, especially with the nixim brake mod. In the meantime, going to see if I can tweak the axis settings for it as I think I'm missing some braking in the top end of the travel.

Thanks Petey, I'll give that a go tomorrow :)

EDIT: Couldn't resist. Managed 2 clean laps. I'm very slow through and passed Eu Rouge and the rest I'll figure out... but I reckon I might catch up with the other there. Cheers!

Last edited:
Tried F40 again with lower tyre pressures, 13 laps not one single valid lap achieved. I am very tired though, only got 4 hours sleep in total...bloody hideous car, and why is it so difficult to get the car in gear on downshift, sometimes I feel AC is unnecessarily difficult just to convince people it's more "Sim" cos it's proper hardcore...

Back
Top Bottom