Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
Hard to see from the TV cameras, but it looks to me at quite a few points you're not using as much of the track as you should for corners which will be killing your speed and why you're not hitting the apex's.

Soldato
Yes, still a lot to do (that was my first proper session with it), but I'm getting there.

This thing has so much more grip than any other F1 sim I've tried (it's been a while, the last decent one I played was GP4 I think) that I'm still feeling for the limit.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was having fun doing some laps earlier and figured I might as well make a vid while I was there.

Still got another half a second if I can string my sectors together properly.

I believe the setup was:

Final drive: One click to the right
Aero: 19/5
Fuel: 18L

Just realised I had my recording quality set to normal instead of ultra... That explains that then :rolleyes:

Associate
I'm all out of ideas @Uncle Petey sorry. I can't get AC to work since the oculus update. I have no issues in any other game except AC. I'm gutted but for some reason AC has always been a problem for me like this, love playing it, but it's so temperamental. I know it's an Oculus Update issue, but the fact it has only affected AC means Kunos need to look at this and fix it. ACC isn't ready yet they need to continue to support AC and I'm not alone. I was really starting to enjoy AC again, but I've exhausted every option I can find to fix it. I'll be back if it ever gets fixed or if you swap to something else.

Associate
Thank **** I've found a workaround... I have to make sure oculus home is up and running, then I start Steam VR manually and finally fire up AC from inside SteamVR... I mean come on just clicking one icon on a desktop is so last year :0

Soldato
Nice one B2BS, good to see others getting involved.

Yes, I know I still haven't posted a time - give a newbie a break, lol. :p

I've just had another offline practice and nipped into the 1:49's for the first time. Was late on the throttle in the first chicane though (nearly lost the back, just about caught it) and I was too cautious onto the last straight but still, it's an improvement of sorts.

Here it is, onboard cam this time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great times, all.

I managed to nip onto the server for a short session before it changes and managed to shave a bit off the above time. A new PB of 1:48.7.

What a fantastic motor and circuit. I had great fun and could easily do them for another week.

Soldato
OP
Congrats to @Paddyqwerty1 and @Born2BSlow on his triumphant return :)
Well done to @Yadda for finally getting on the server :p Brace yourself for a culture shock on this one!

This week, we're going on a little blast to the past, because who needs grippy turn in and reasonable braking distances when you have oldskool drifting and the fear of imminent fiery death on every corner?

Round 22 - Bridgehampton >>DOWNLOAD<<

• Porsche 962c Short Tail
  • Ferrari 312PB >>DOWNLOAD<<
  • Lotus Type 49
  • Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

I put the Cobra in there for the hardcore nutters.
@PinkFloyd it's your time :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The Porsche and Ferrari are fairly planted, so it's not so bad.

Oh, and the Ferrari 312PB (1972 Can-Am) is from the AC Legends Protoype pack that you can find HERE
There's also a GT Classics pack HERE if that's your bag.

I didn't want to make you download an entire pack just to use the 312PB, so I uploaded it separately.

Here's a nicely made review of the Prototype pack:

Soldato
Just noticed this week's circuit. Bridge-who-mpton? :confused:

This should be interesting. :D

Edit:
Blimey, in standard setup the Cobra's a nightmare. Understeer, oversteer (wombling free...) - where do you start?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom