Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Soldato
OP
It does limit it quite heavily, but I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, just go drive some stuff offline/online and see if you get into it. You don't need this TT thing for that :)

Soldato
You don't need to spend money to enjoy AC. A lot of content - like this weeks TT track - are all free from the mod community. The BMW Z4 GT3 is included with the base version of AC, and the Ferrari is a free mod. :)

I remember why I hate the P1. Unstable, nervous, twitchy. Hate it, hate it, hate it. :p:p

Need to sort my braking out with the Ferrari. Keep making little lockups. :( Although fastest in sector one! :smugface:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
LOL I'm not a fan either :D
Tbh, the P1 and 911 are only there to provide something for those that don't really do race cars, or actually get on well with those particular models. I'm reasonably sure that these people exist.

I'm just trying to provide variety for different tastes, without throwing too much into the mix (or at least all the really good stuff) all at once, or we'd run out of toys in a short time.

It's also good to try cars we wouldn't normally touch.
If you have the patience, it can sometimes really help with expanding your skillset.
For example, I probably would have never bothered with the 911R/GT3 RS if I hadn't put them up on the first TT round, but there are people that love that kind of thing.
Check the love for things like the AC Cobra and Yellowbird. Not my cuppa, but there are plenty that swear by them.

So basically, I'm not just putting my personal favorites on there or anything, and hopefully there'll be something for everyone each week :)

Soldato
You don't need to spend money to enjoy AC. A lot of content - like this weeks TT track - are all free from the mod community. The BMW Z4 GT3 is included with the base version of AC, and the Ferrari is a free mod. :)

I remember why I hate the P1. Unstable, nervous, twitchy. Hate it, hate it, hate it. :p:p

Need to sort my braking out with the Ferrari. Keep making little lockups. :( Although fastest in sector one! :smugface:

Only downside is I had to buy the Porsche DLC to get into this weeks TT, so although the track etc was free, one car was stopping me getting in lol. But not the end of the world, it's a good game and I will get some use out of it.

Soldato
Porsche pack is excellent. Wide range of cars on there, with one of my faves being the 906LH. Such slidey fun when you really push it hard. Cayenne Turbo is also hilarious around the ring. Often good for a warm up. :)

But as you say, a mixture of cars each week is a good way of testing yourself and working on adapting to how different cars drive.

Soldato
LOL I'm not a fan either :D
Tbh, the P1 and 911 are only there to provide something for those that don't really do race cars, or actually get on well with those particular models. I'm reasonably sure that these people exist.

I'm just trying to provide variety for different tastes, without throwing too much into the mix (or at least all the really good stuff) all at once, or we'd run out of toys in a short time.

It's also good to try cars we wouldn't normally touch.
If you have the patience, it can sometimes really help with expanding your skillset.
For example, I probably would have never bothered with the 911R/GT3 RS if I hadn't put them up on the first TT round, but there are people that love that kind of thing.
Check the love for things like the AC Cobra and Yellowbird. Not my cuppa, but there are plenty that swear by them.

So basically, I'm not just putting my personal favorites on there or anything, and hopefully there'll be something for everyone each week :)

I'm all up for variety. I do like the cobra cause it sounds cool

It's weird as I ran the 918, la ferrari and P1 all on imola and had similar lap times and not too much of a struggle. But round suzuka in the P1 it's a nightmare. Probably because I ran the F1 car so much.

Soldato
managed a 2:09.9 in the P1. Was on a 2:08.4 and on the last corner going onto the start/finish straight, just coming out of it I ran out of petrol. DAMN! lol

Way off top pace still and I don't know how they did it. Any braking not in a straight line and its over steers like crazy.

Soldato
OP
Suzuka does seem really slippery. Every time I drive it after something else it takes some time to get used to!

Haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that I'm nearly 2secs off a previous PB in the Z4 and the car doesn't feel as planted as it did a few months ago around there.

I dunno.. I'm gonna blame game updates and an older track. Just because.

Associate
Well I won last weeks F1 car challenge to my surprise but I have to say, I'm not feeling this weeks F1 car and track combination, or it might be that I just need to run a few more laps...just can't seem to find a good enough setup :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hey folks, what am i doing wrong i can't even download the track. I click on the mega or mediafire link and it brings up an adfly page that i have to close via task manager :(

Soldato
Haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that I'm nearly 2secs off a previous PB in the Z4 and the car doesn't feel as planted as it did a few months ago around there.

I dunno.. I'm gonna blame game updates and an older track. Just because.

Could just be a perception thing though I guess. Might be that I've only ever driven this track lots in something with a load of downforce meaning as soon as I drive something without it just feels really off until I've done a load of laps. :confused:

Soldato
OP
I've put it on Google Drive if you're still having trouble. Here

Could just be a perception thing though I guess. Might be that I've only ever driven this track lots in something with a load of downforce meaning as soon as I drive something without it just feels really off until I've done a load of laps. :confused:

Maybe that's it.
Maybe I just can't drive the Z4 any more? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom