Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Nice times chaps, looks like I've got some work to do :D

tried so much in terms of setup I don't know where you guys are finding that time :confused:

The F1 cars are so easy to lose a huge amount of time in just one corner, if you get it even slightly wrong or get on the power too slow it affects you a lot more than slower cars, or so I have found.

I always work up through the cars in a session, start with the slow ones. Otherwise it's just hugely frustrating when you change! Going from the P1 to the Z4 was odd, nothing like the straight line performance but being able to push harder in the corners won it over.

Just saw I'm 4.5 seconds off the pace in the F1 car. That's insane :eek:
Going to have to give it another go tonight, just wasn't in the mindset the last 2 nights!

So what is your special change?

Mostly a change to suspension and damper settings was what made the difference for me, the thing I changed first of all which I left alone eventually was the ride height...the default was better.

I added a bit of front and rear wing, a few other tweeks here and there and car felt pretty amazing after that :D

What kind of shenanigans is at work with that 2.20 in the 911.

Running the default setup, best I have is 2.23. Guessing berts butchered that car bad to get it running that quick.

Should have some more time at the weekend to go live. Suzuka is a nice ride, ripping up the hill in the 643 in vr is magical.

Yeh I'm baffled where that time came from too! Came out of nowhere!

Hopped on for a bit earlier in the 911, got fed up with it and switched to the P1. Managed to improve a little, but all I actually achieved on the leaderboard was overtaking my Z4 time! Still a second off of iBert. Just couldn't concentrate enough to get a full lap at a better pace, but do think it's achievable. In a few places I'd be up a couple of 10ths then lose it a few corners later and vice versa...

In a few places I'd be up a couple of 10ths then lose it a few corners later and vice versa...
I've just tried the P1 and found the exact same thing, I was starting to get a bit more comfortable with the car, letting it move around a little more, gain time around a few corners and loose it again...I'll have another go in a bit perhaps.

I just wish I knew a little more about setting a car up, I know the basic things to change for some improvements and so on but just wish I knew a little more in depth, it would be helpful.

Yeh I'd love to be a bit better, I think if you are in a car that you can drive consistently the same way it's quite easy to iterate on setup changes and see where you are improving or losing time. Last year a mate was watching me race and just proposing setup changes from watching which was great, but I was in an MP4-12c race car or something - quite easy to drive consistently with a load of downforce and sensible power. The P1 is so twitchy and has very little to tweak so I don't really know where to start on it!

What kind of shenanigans is at work with that 2.20 in the 911.

Running the default setup, best I have is 2.23. Guessing berts butchered that car bad to get it running that quick.

Should have some more time at the weekend to go live. Suzuka is a nice ride, ripping up the hill in the 643 in vr is magical.

I have never done any setup changes in any racing game I've played, I'm terrible at it,so the 911 is standard. I'll have a go tomorrow and see if I can get a replay up, but I hate that car.

The Ferrari is so frustrating. Just can't get a clean lap in:mad:

Fair play, Be interesting to see a replay, the track is new to me to, I'm sure there might be a couple of gears I'm carrying wrongly around the top end of the track.

Like yourself, setting up a car is alien to me, and with so many cars/tracks and choices finding setup's I'm struggling with atm.

That's another thing that's quite good about the road cars, less to tweak so a more level playing field when it comes to where you can gain time. Unlike the F1 car where I thought I'd managed a pretty good lap with the stock setup but am now 5.5 seconds down! :eek:

Some properly quick guys in this thread!

It's partly some minor setup tweaks and mostly grim determination :D
For me, I saw that Stuart had 4 or 5 tenths on me in S1, so I worked on that section to see where I could gain time. Many crashes, ruined laps and curses later, I eventually managed to improve.
As you can see from the combined best sectors, there's a 1:34 in there. Probably a 1:33 or better for the real aliens...

As far as setup, I just have the front wing maxed and the rear at 7 with a touch more front camber and toe. Oh, and about 12-15L of fuel.

I have no idea how you and ibert are doing those times in the P1 tbh. That's one that I just don't have the patience or talent for.
I'll have a proper go in the 911 tomorrow though. It's a relative tank, but it's not too bad.

Last edited:
I've just had a few laps and got a 02:19.123

It's a bit of a scrappy lap and I messed the last chicane.

Sorry, I forgot to edit it so it begins at about 0:40

Last edited:
Can't get on the server, AC is such a glitchy mess sometimes, screens popping in and out all over the place. So frustrating for such a great game to be so annoying at times. It's the bloody Alfa Romeo of racing games, sublime when it works, but such a ******* to get it going it annoys the crap out of you, should come with jump leads or a starting handle. Why the hell do I have to reload my control settings every time I play ffs. Wasted an hour of my life without driving a lap...

I can't get it to load Suzuka except in practice mode, and then only with the Z4 GT3...anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

I get as far as join, car and tracks all visible in menus...click to join and it just fails, no error messages nothing...

Back
Top Bottom