ASUS 42" ROG Swift PG42UQ

Wait what, this display has built-in speakers?
Not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic, but ok.

On my FV43U, I didn't use external speakers. I feel like I'm going to have to use one with the PG42UQ. If you have not had first hand experience with the FV43U and its speakers, you don't know what I'm talking about - the FV43U built-in speakers are phenominal.

Not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic, but ok.

On my FV43U, I didn't use external speakers. I feel like I'm going to have to use one with the PG42UQ. If you have not had first hand experience with the FV43U and its speakers, you don't know what I'm talking about - the FV43U built-in speakers are phenominal.
Not sarcastic, surprised.

I have used this with external soundbar + woofer all this time without realizing that it has built in speakers as well. Those grills in the front are not air intakes :-D

My PG42UQ ended up dying only a few weeks after buying it. Turned it on after a few days of not using it and the panel was screwed, there was a ton of image retention on it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dR94uoKJ7NzcckLD7

I ran the pixel clean on it twice, after the second time it never powered back on!

Ended up returning it for a refund and bought a 42" C2 instead. Honestly, for what was a great looking monitor, the premium was not justified over the C2 which seems like a more complete product.

Damn, that is rough.

OK well gave it a try and its 100% legit and its fixed HDR for me

using HDMI and was on 028 before

just need to see if the wake from sleep is fixed as all FWs i tried after 028 had that

on v37. Seems fine so far...no worse the v33 it seems. will have to wait and see before I give more of a judgement. the site for adjusting settings seems to be down. Prob cause it is getting hit to hard.

How’s V037 working for everyone so far?

I haven’t had the opportunity to update mine yet but planning on it today.

It’s official on the Asus website now too not a random link.

Last edited:
My screen would occasionally go black when play D4 under .37. Tried it in both SDR and HDR and both did it. Never had it happen in .33 so going back to that for now and crossing fingers it won't happen again.

Last edited:
My screen would occasionally go black when play D4 under .37. Tried it in both SDR and HDR and both did it. Never had it happen in .33 so going back to that for now and crossing fingers it won't happen again.
Did this require a full power cycle? Mine is randomly going black every ~4-6 hours now requiring a full cycle, might go back to older FW

Did this require a full power cycle? Mine is randomly going black every ~4-6 hours now requiring a full cycle, might go back to older FW
if you mean 4-6 hours of continuous use. Then I guess so, I had to power cycle it too. I went back to V33 and has not happened since.

Guys who have already installed the V040 HDr optimization firmware? Fixed it?
It artifacted my screen.

When the monitor rebooted it thou it looked fine during the init and windows logo. Once it hit the lock screen things went screwy. So it might be a windows driver issue. It wrecks the monitor system menu as well however so you can't even try to fix it in that. Went back to .33 and works again. I'll leave it to bigger brains to fix.

if you wanna see the artifact'n.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom