• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 7990 - £399.99 pre-order. Is this for real??

I've just moved over from a SLI rig and I am impressed with how this 7990 performs. Its a complete beast and frame pacing for the most part is very good.

Last edited:
Parcel arrived, slightly worried as to why the asus box was open and the internal box half hanging out..! And no haribos :(

I got my 7990 yesterday and the asus box was not taped down in any way but was closed, could have just been loose. I got some haribo though. I was expecting the amd gold ticket in the box but nothing and just waiting to hear back from OC if it will be emailed over to me.

The golden ticket should be under your order on here.... I didnt get one in the box neither.. Just the AMD never settle bundle with 8 free games but got the golden ticket code from my order on here.

Same trick XFX are using to get around what AMD have told them.

AMD told retailers not to sell the 7990 for less than the 290x as it was undercuttng sales.

MSI and XFX give you something free* and charge the price AMD have told them to.

IE - what you get free isn't free at all, you're paying full price for it and then £370 odd for your 7990.

So crazy as the normal newly released R9 290 at £310 will definately undercut the R290X sales !

I sent my first 7990 back from here which had a 8 games bundle voucher and i got my second 7990 from another place which also had the 8 games voucher in the box so i guess its still there.

I went for the XFX one from another etailer (only because they had them in stock for immediate delivery) and the 8 game voucher inside the box Never Settle Reloaded promotion had expired on 22.10.13.

It was a shame but to be fair the card wasn't advertised with the 8 free games only the Golden ticket for 3 fee games.

I got my Asus 7990 from OcUK yesterday. Upgraded from 6870 CF playing BF4 at 1080 on 120hz monitor. Wow the game runs at Ultra settings with 4xMSAA and is smooth with 13.11 beta 8 drivers.

I was looking at upgrading to 290/x early next year but I couldn't miss out on this deal on the 7990. I normally buy hardware at the wrong time but getting this card for £400 was a bargain. The best single PC upgrade I've made in years.

I got my Haribos in the box and an email from OcUK to log in to my account to get my golden ticket.

I went for the XFX one from another etailer (only because they had them in stock for immediate delivery) and the 8 game voucher inside the box Never Settle Reloaded promotion had expired on 22.10.13.

It was a shame but to be fair the card wasn't advertised with the 8 free games only the Golden ticket for 3 fee games.

That doesnt matter... if you read it says you can still use it untill they run out of keys.. Mine was expired but i got 7/8 of the games when i got my card last week.

Plonked mine in tonight undoubtedly a good bump over the previous 2 cards, bf4 at 5760x1080 ultra minus hbao\motion blur and post aa filter looks very nice.

Card does seem to run pretty hot, recorded 92 and 94c on each core which surprised me as im running a fortress ft02 and I expected the airflow to keep it cooler than that. No coil whine that I've noticed.

Fan speeds are ridiculous, 77 and 84% they've got upto.

Last edited:
Plonked mine in tonight undoubtedly a good bump over the previous 2 cards, bf4 at 5760x1080 ultra minus hbao\motion blur and post aa filter looks very nice.

Card does seem to run pretty hot, recorded 92 and 94c on each core which surprised me as im running a fortress ft02 and I expected the airflow to keep it cooler than that. No coil whine that I've noticed.

My 7990 is in a HAF 932 case. Just played BF4 for 2 hours max temp 69c so it may be bad airflow in your case.

My 7990 is in a HAF 932 case. Just played BF4 for 2 hours max temp 69c so it may be bad airflow in your case.

Ft02 has really good airflow, one of the better cases out there for it. Might try moving it closer to the cpu pcie slot and taking out my tv card to see what difference that makes.

I had similar and placed 1 x 120mm exhaust on the side of the cast, dropped temps from 90s to high 70s.

I had similar and placed 1 x 120mm exhaust on the side of the cast, dropped temps from 90s to high 70s.

Moved it down beside the cpu heatsink instead of the further away slot and seems to get around 85c now. Pity afterburner wont work for bf4 64 bit.

Getting around 85\87 on the cores now, fan has also quietened down a bit as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom