** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Associate
"In stock
Delivery between Thu. 30 April and Fri. 01 May 2"

Has anyone used this site or can validate it? I'm not sure how they could have got their hands on this monitor so fast.

Last edited:
Associate
I would edit out that link before you get a holiday ;)

Sorry, I didn't realise it wasn't allowed, I have removed it now. I'm not interested in buying from them, I was just wondering how they had it in stock so fast. Can you still mention shops by their name?

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry, I didn't realise it wasn't allowed, I have removed it now. I'm not interested in buying from them, I was just wondering how they had it in stock so fast. Can you still mention shops by their name?
Good question mate,is monitor out in next few days?
Give them a ring tomorrow and let us know.

Associate
Should i get this one, i have nvidia gpu, but just for ips and 120hz. It should be in stock tomorrow.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Jim and gibbo

What will be your stance on excessive IPS glow, backlight bleed and dead pixels for these monitors?

i.e. would you find this to be within acceptable standards like LG (13% brightness level)?

UMahJdyh.jpg

Soldato
@jim and gibbo

What will be your stance on excessive IPS glow, backlight bleed and dead pixels for these monitors?

i.e. would you find this to be within acceptable standards like LG (13% brightness level)?

Does their stance even matter though? I bought a Benq 1440p screen recently from another site and it has less backlight bleed than the monitor in your screenshot but i'm still going to return it and get a replacement because i still think its at an unacceptable level.

Whether or not the site would agree that the monitor has a fault is almost a moot point since i'm within my rights to return it for any reason I like. Is the same not true with OCUK?

Caporegime
If ocuk find that to be within acceptable levels then it means you have to return the monitor under CCR or whatever the new term is but this will be at your own cost and you will have to arrange the shipping/courier yourself too, which can be a right faff and expensive if you have to do it more than once. Also, if you go down the CCR route, you have to wait until you get your refund (or you could just go ahead with another order if you don't mind a sizeable lump sum missing from your account :p). Where as if it is just a RMA (under 14 days), ocuk arrange for dpd to collect the monitor, test it themselves and if they decide that isn't acceptable, then they send a new monitor out straight away so you don't have to wait around for 3+ days. If it is over 14 days, then they try to repair the monitor first.

Associate
Are we working on the assumption that this monitor wont be in stock on the stated date?

OCUK and Asus seem to be pretty quiet on the subject, please correct me if im wrg...

Very eager to pull the trigger on this but would like some solid information before taking the plunge

Man of Honour
Are we working on the assumption that this monitor wont be in stock on the stated date?

OCUK and Asus seem to be pretty quiet on the subject, please correct me if im wrg...

Very eager to pull the trigger on this but would like some solid information before taking the plunge

I've had no firm ideas from Asus on dates, and no idea yet of when a sample might arrive with them. so i can't imagine retail stock will arrive before that

Associate

Same here. Trying to decide on a build for a new computer and can't decide whether to order what's in my basked and just hope it's released soon or to find an alternative monitor and potentially change the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom