ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

How do you create a software patch for a metal case attenuating the signal?

i had no idea what was causing the issue, thats pretty poor if that is the issue. so i presume you can return, but they are not going to recall and fix the issue with a version2?

im peed off wanted to get one in America this weekend, but looks like i wont bother

Full confession here;

http://asus.co.uk/blog/news/eee-pad-transformer-prime-update/1057/

As part of our unwavering commitment to our customers, we wish to allay some recent concerns regarding the Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201.

After extensive checks we can confirm that no units have been supplied to the UK with a known WiFi issue. Any customers experiencing WiFi issues specifically are advised to contact our support hotline on tel. 0870 1208 340.

Any customers who have purchased a Transformer Prime TF201 and are dissatisfied with the performance of the GPS module are advised to return the unit to their point of purchase for a full refund as per standard consumer rights that apply in the UK.

Any customers who wish to keep their unit will be offered an extension to the standard ASUS warranty from 12 to 18 months (for any retailers who offer an additional 12 months’ warranty with their purchase, the total warranty period will remain at 2 years). To extend the warranty, please contact our support hotline on tel. 0870 1208 340.

In relation to the recently-announced TF700 model, this product is unlikely to be available in the UK before June at the earliest and no pricing details have been announced.

ASUS prides itself on delivering an unrivalled user experience, and we offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that our customers may have encountered.

Last edited:
But other than being the latest and greatest, the iPad3 won't bring anything new in terms of user experience.

I don't understand the whole, my tablet must be best and powerful mentality, 90% of the time you'll be using it for email and web browsing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original TF101, once that has ICS it will be even better.

But other than being the latest and greatest, the iPad3 won't bring anything new in terms of user experience.

I don't understand the whole, my tablet must be best and powerful mentality, 90% of the time you'll be using it for email and web browsing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original TF101, once that has ICS it will be even better.

For me poor video performance made my TF101 no good. Videos which stream smoothly from my NAS to my phones and Touchpad were unwatchable on the TF101. I don't want to have to transcode them all just for one device so it ended up on eBay. I'm going to wait now though.

My dad pulled the trigger this morning from Amazon and it's coming tomorrow apparently. I just looked and they are no longer available. i just checked that he did only pay £500 notes and he did and confirmed that he had a confirmation from Amazon that it had been dispatched.

I'm going over on Sunday so it will be cool to have a play

I'm also wondering if anyone will release a replacement back for it. With the metal back being the main source of the wifi and gps issues I reckon there would be people that might pay say £20-30 for a replacement back to fix them, assuming it would.

Keeping an eye on Amazon tomorrow to see if they pop up again, one Transformer Prime tracking site seems to suggest that Amazon were putting stock up throughout today as they were going out of stock again.

What's the appearence of text like on this? It didn't look that great when I had a play in a store the other day but it was in this weird demo mode that I couldn't get out of and every app just launched a video. The low PPI would indicate that text isn't going to be great.

The text is still pretty sharp and easy to read. Here's a screenshot showing the smallest text I could find on the forums without searching too hard. It's 1280x800, the size of the screen so it will be close to what it is in real life.

Edit: It seems a bit bigger than the screen size, but it's still clear from the picture the text is clear enough.

Last edited:
My Dads Prime arrived from Amaon today but he's not had a chance to play yet as he's out house hunting with my brother. I'll be having a play tomorrow though :D

Been watching Amazon all day but none have popped up so I'll try again on Monday. Not in a major rush now since i got back to work on Wednesday for 7 nights so won't get much play time.

Back
Top Bottom