Asus P5W DH Deluxe - doesn't support Conroe out of box?

Got it sorted!!! :D:D:D My PC is installing windows as we speak.

After not being able to touch my rig yesterday (damn relatives, turn up at the worst times! ;) ) i had plenty of time to think about it. Anyhow, i took the whole thing appart again, set up the mobo outside the case on my bench, took out and re-set the CPU and HSF in the socket, stuck in my trusty old PCI TNT 2. I also took out the CMOS battery, pulled the powercord out, and left clear cmos accross for about 15mins (Something i remember often getting me out of trouble with my DFI's!)

Put the jumper back accross, switched on, and got BEEP BEEP BEEP! Yes i thought some life, that must be cos i havent put any memory in. Sure enough, but one stick in... and bang... worked right away - posted fine. Put it back in my case with all my other components and seems to be working fine now.... Phew! :cool:

as mentioned a few post's up, i got this board yesterday and it came with 701 bios (i have a cheap celeron just incase).

would just like to say this board is wicked, straight in at 400mhz no change to memory voltages or anything.

the remote control for turning the computer on and off is wicked. :D

i had problems getting my board started, i got it working by sticking one stick of ram in the 1b slot.

i seem to be stuck at 400fsb with my 6300, does that with no voltage increases easily, anything over even with voltage increases is unstable.

shimy182 said:
nice one mike :p

shame it didnt do the same here

Yeah, sorry about your trouble. Hope you get it sorted in the end... its woth it ;)

BTW, just updated bios to 0801, and got a new stock score - 17,062... I know its not huge increase, but its always nice when u go up another '1000' if u get what i mean ;)

M1keMK said:
Yeah, sorry about your trouble. Hope you get it sorted in the end... its woth it ;)

BTW, just updated bios to 0801, and got a new stock score - 17,062... I know its not huge increase, but its always nice when u go up another '1000' if u get what i mean ;)

O well. *atleast* i have this laptop for one of the most reliable life lines. OcUK

well im sure the RMA request is getting dealt with tomorrow. and when i get my fixed mobo i will be happy.

M1keMK said:

Hi MikeMK are you running crossfire , thanks

libotte said:
Got it running with 801 bios now and a celly

Cant get the damn remote to work tho just says dissconnected in every usb port including the 2 next to the on-board sound anyone got any idea's?

Thanks

did you enable all 8 usb ports in bios ?, I was gonna also ask if you had fitted battery to remote, but upon reflection maybe a silly suggestion :)

my 6600 is on back order so just ordered a 6300 at the weekend for some fun, anyone got any good pointers for getting around the 450 fsb assuming my chip can handle it of course ?

very bored with my 805d at the moment seeing all these super clocks being achieved

Last edited:
Woohoo, I've got it working! Taking the battery out and setting the CMOS clear jumper did the trick! :D

I did the same thing last week, I wonder why it didn't work then....maybe I didn't leave it long enough.

Im currently at work but the bois (before the flash) had 8 usb ports enabled

But even then the remote software said dissconnected.

Shame theres no help from asus online, Ill sing up to there forums and ask about it maybe someone there has had this problem. Could be a damaged reciever.

Thanks for sugestions guys n gals I figured to out by mistake there was a conflict between my pci tv cards IR and the mobo's IR but booting with the pci card made it find it then restarted with pci card and it was still connected thanks a lot bye

andyr said:
Hi MikeMK are you running crossfire , thanks

Yes mate i am. Was running xfire on my X2 with the DFI CFX-3200 and was a bit bothered about how it would be on the 975x chipset, but it went together fine.

Im now at 3.4ghz on air 410x11 and scoreing 19,233 on 05.

Only thing giving me probs is 06, which i cant seem to beat my old X2 score, so i think xifre isnt working to well in that.

libotte said:
Thanks for sugestions guys n gals I figured to out by mistake there was a conflict between my pci tv cards IR and the mobo's IR but booting with the pci card made it find it then restarted with pci card and it was still connected thanks a lot bye

I had a wierd issue with the remote. I plugged it into one of the usb ports that are covered by a sticker when you get the board, and had my logitech wireless mouse plugged into the other port which was originally covered by a sticker. The computer looks as if it is going to boot (light comes on, fans whirr) for the first few seconds after powering up (ie just turning on at the socket, not pressing the power button), but no video output, then the power light goes out a few seconds later.
Then, after this I could use the remote power button or move my mouse to start it up properly. No options in the bios that I can see for disabling boot by usb, so I tried pressing any button on the remote - and it looks like a fudge by asus. Any button on the remote powers it on, so long as it is connected to that usb port. In fact it seems that any action on those usb ports (eg moving mouse) has the same effect! Presumably the initial brief power-up is necessary to turn on the "sensitive" usb port correctly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom