Asus P5W DH Deluxe - doesn't support Conroe out of box?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

im litteraly pulling my hair out running around the living room...

I sent another email to rizwan saying the bios he sent has been lost in the mail sorting machine. and he replied

YOU BIOS WENT OUT YESTERDAY

YOUR ORDER NUMBER IS B****

HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET ANOTHER BIOS.

i need an interpretor

Last edited:
shimy182 said:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

im litteraly pulling my hair out running around the living room...

I sent another email to rizwan saying the bios he sent has been lost in the mail sorting machine. and he replied

YOU BIOS WENT OUT YESTERDAY

YOUR ORDER NUMBER IS B****

HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET ANOTHER BIOS.

i need an interpretor

That has to be SO frustrating. His language skills caused misunderstanding in our correspondence too. I've received my P5W DH today, which has been flashed to 0701. No chance of testing it out though until the conroes turn up. There is a small scratch across the top of my bios chip, suggesting it was removed and hotflashed in another board. I've sent my form off to Riz anyway to get another chip just in case this one's been damaged.

I hope he sorts it out for you soon shimy182 :(

shodan said:
That has to be SO frustrating. His language skills caused misunderstanding in our correspondence too. I've received my P5W DH today, which has been flashed to 0701. No chance of testing it out though until the conroes turn up. There is a small scratch across the top of my bios chip, suggesting it was removed and hotflashed in another board. I've sent my form off to Riz anyway to get another chip just in case this one's been damaged.

I hope he sorts it out for you soon shimy182 :(

itis.. and thankyou for careing.
iv calmed down a bit but my mums still scared of me :o

good luck with your build. :)

shimy182 said:
YOU GODD..

well my conroes not here yet so i cant use it but my GOD am i happy now. i love you ;) :) :D

EDIT. thats probs sorted out everyones problems at the same time!

I wouldnt get too excited just yet, i would be surprised if this works.

On the link it says Asus states the pc starts with beeps and a cpu error, it does no such thing though, all you get is power on but no beeps or display.

Hope im wrong though.

Last edited:
rizwan still hasnt replied...
im starting to get the feeling he doesnt believe me and just going to leave it.

if so i will be angry at him..

wheel spin on face is my regular punishment. :mad:

I have to say, the most annoying thing about this bored is that if you overkill an overclock to clear the CMOS you have to take out the battery before you change the discharging jumper. The battery is cleverly oh so cleverly possitioned under the graphics card heatsink. Genious :rolleyes:

(Well, i have tried it with the battery in which worked fine, but it says you are supposed to take the battery out)

Other than that, its working like a charm and behaving well, after a number of false starts and other issues.

Locrian said:
I have to say, the most annoying thing about this bored is that if you overkill an overclock to clear the CMOS you have to take out the battery before you change the discharging jumper. The battery is cleverly oh so cleverly possitioned under the graphics card heatsink. Genious :rolleyes:

(Well, i have tried it with the battery in which worked fine, but it says you are supposed to take the battery out)

Other than that, its working like a charm and behaving well, after a number of false starts and other issues.

Why do you have to do all that if you kill and overclock ? Mine automatically resets the overclock with a warning and lets me go into the bios to try again. Yours should too as its one of its features. The only time i remove the battery is after a bios update.

YEEEEEEEEEEES. i got it!

this time in actuall bubble wrapped letter and anti static stuff.

all the spamming must have paid off!!!
so thanks to all the people at asus.

now the CPU. i changed my order to the E6300 which is now in stock... will i be able to get it tomorrow?

Just got my order number from Riz. My chip is on its way.

He's also asked me to reply with the name of the place I bought it from.

I think I might wait a few days first then reply in complete gibberish! :D

!!

you teach em shodan!!

EDIT.

can someone confirm something about the CPU socket ...;.

i just had a sneak peek of what the socket looks like and it wasnt like a million halls. it didnt look like a CPU could rest in it with ease ..

can someone tell me what its suppose to look like?

Last edited:
Locrian said:

i have found that turning the machine off with the power switch and holding down the insert key while turning on forces the mobo to restore all defaults and boot.

never had to use the jumper or remove a batt on any motherboard in a long time, thought this was a well know fix?? :confused:

lol works on the asus cusl2 p5wd2 /e and the p5w dh and aloa of other boards i have had which were intel based.

:D

Datamonkey said:
i have found that turning the machine off with the power switch and holding down the insert key while turning on forces the mobo to restore all defaults and boot.

never had to use the jumper or remove a batt on any motherboard in a long time, thought this was a well know fix?? :confused:

lol works on the asus cusl2 p5wd2 /e and the p5w dh and aloa of other boards i have had which were intel based.

:D

My epox board allows the same. (see sig)

I got my board and it says 0701 on the BIOS chip. Does that mean the BIOS is 0701 or could it just be a coincidence that that's the number on it? I won't be able to test it until my E6600 arrives..

DarkReaver13 said:
I got my board and it says 0701 on the BIOS chip. Does that mean the BIOS is 0701 or could it just be a coincidence that that's the number on it? I won't be able to test it until my E6600 arrives..

I'm pretty sure if it says 0701 on your bios chip, your bios is version 0701.

I hope in time you'll realise just how silly a question that was! :D

Back
Top Bottom