Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
Thanks mate

I've set via offset to be at 4GHz.
The BIOS is set with 1.35v in total 1.375-0.025 offset but CPU-Z shows 1.4v for some reason

Temps seem fine, Cinebench pushes temps to 60 with a Noctua D14

There is some debate whether CPU-Z is showing the correct value. AMD Ryzen Master shows a different value to CPU-Z. I think AMD Ryzen Master would be correct my guess.

Associate
So I'm reading the trade off for Pstate/BCLK overclocking is that your graphics card runs at a lower x8 speed over PCIe.

Does anyone know if this affects real world performance at all?

Associate
There is some debate whether CPU-Z is showing the correct value. AMD Ryzen Master shows a different value to CPU-Z. I think AMD Ryzen Master would be correct my guess.

I am getting different readings from AMD Ryzen Master, HWinfo64 and CPU-Z regarding CPU voltage. I see a lot of people reference HWinfo64 CPU Core voltage (SV12 TFN) under the CPU section as probably more reliable reading accorinding to the forum at www.overclock.net and the site below.

I am not sure what is best to use. I would think AMD Ryzen Master would be the one to reference as the software comes from AMD themselves.

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f219/asus-prime-x370-pro-am4-1156996.html

"
What CPU voltage is the right one?
According to experience so far, the SVI2 voltage in HWInfo has proved to be the most reliable.

"

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm installed my new 1080 yesterday and received my first BSOD 'event tracing fatal error' whilst gaming. Google seems to suggest device drivers or ram errors.... Now considering I have my ram at 3066Mhz using the DOCP profile maybe this could be the problem? Problem is PC has been stable since I bought it until last night and me installing my 1080.

Associate
You'll have to test by lowering the RAM speed and trying to replicate. The extra GPU power could be making the RAM work harder?

I'm returning my current Vengeance kit and have bought these instead -

G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX 16 GB (8 GB x 2) Flare X Series DDR4 3200 MHz PC4-25600 CL14 Dual Channel Memory Kit - Black

Soldato
You'll have to test by lowering the RAM speed and trying to replicate. The extra GPU power could be making the RAM work harder?

I'm returning my current Vengeance kit and have bought these instead -

G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX 16 GB (8 GB x 2) Flare X Series DDR4 3200 MHz PC4-25600 CL14 Dual Channel Memory Kit - Black

I put my ram to stock and gamed for about 2hrs with no issues. So it was must have been the ram that was the issue. I was worried it was my psu not able to drive the 1080.

Associate
guys i need ur help please i was updating the last bios and it froze and i turn the computer off now i cant start the computer is anything i can do to fix this thanks

Associate
im not a computer expert i know how to do a few things and i was trying to update my bios when it froze and now i cant get in to the system again it turns on but nothing shows on the screen please someone can help me here please

Soldato
opethdisciple can u give a help here please i was updating the last bios and it froze and i turn the computer off now i cant start the computer is anything i can do to fix this thanks

Always update bios from the bios, not in windows. As for helping you, if you turned the PC off during a flash that may have borked it. :eek:

To flash the bios you put the .cap file on a usb formatted as FAT32 and use the ASUS flash utility from within the bios itself.

Dunno, what to say mate, take all the power cables out of the PC leave it for a few mins. also if there is a cmos battery on the mobo take it out for a few mins as well.

Other than that, someone more knowledgeable might be able to help you.

Associate
Always update bios from the bios, not in windows. As for helping you, if you turned the PC off during a flash that may have borked it. :eek:

To flash the bios you put the .cap file on a usb formatted as FAT32 and use the ASUS flash utility from within the bios itself.

Dunno, what to say mate, take all the power cables out of the PC leave it for a few mins. also if there is a cmos battery on the mobo take it out for a few mins as well.

i go to try to do that thanks anyway i think i just **** it up

Associate

i try all u said and still nothing i really think i just broke my motherboard if there's nothing else i can do then its really ****** and thanks for trying to help

Back
Top Bottom