ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

8 Pack i have a couple of questions for you as i dont know who else to ask.

1. I have just bought a 4930k batch number 3325A911, is this anygood?

2.Will the waterblock VRM/MOSFET on the Rampage 2 extreme also fit the Rampage 4 extreme?

Thankyou.

1 Not sure. I have only found two good batches and cant remember them without looking at a chip.

2 No.

Above sounds fine yeah. 1.65v on RAM is 100% fine.

Maybe if I didn't already have my R4BE blocks I'd be tempted with this idea because it cuts down on awkward tubing but what holds me back is the size of the CPU-area even though this covers the mosfets very well. With my backplate on the GPU it doesn't leave much room at all although it appears to be a couple of mms higher than RAM slots.

Probably has superior cooling (claim by EK) due to minimal distance between areas to be cooled than going back out and in via normal tubing. Surely distance doesn't matter and probably talking about a couple of degrees unless there are other factors - other than comparisons to inferior products in their line or competitors solutions. So yeah it's patchy from this teaser and got to hand it to them for coming up and producing another brilliant product!

I'd assume this new block to be on par with my EK Supremacy Elite which tops cooling charts, if so I welcome this, was very hard to find stock.

8 Pack, are you tempted to do an indepth preview on your super-favourite mobo with this all-in-one and see how well it copes with your clocks? :D

Ok, so I've been tinkering and have got the 4930k on this board to 1.28v at 4.5ghz. Gaming, tested and its been rock solid. Haven't tried lower, yet.

It was definitely the increase in RAM to 1.65v which made this happen.

So I'm just wondering before I go for the 4.6, is there any specific measures I should be looking out for?

Ok, so my limitations with high voltages previously (1.4v for 4.5ghz - 4930k) were due to a botched set of Dominator Plat's (4x4GB 1866mhz) that I received. One DIMM then failed so I had the set RMA'd.

New set allowed me to set XMP straight away, and I'm now sitting at 4.6ghz with 1.200v's.

It appears I may have been very, very lucky!

cmRpph1.png

Last edited:
Nonsense :P 1.4v @ 4.9 just try it! 1.45-1.5v is considered degrading on these but loads of people have been running 1.4v 24/7. I've run 1.42v for along time and my chip still does 4.81 with the same volts :)

Back
Top Bottom