Asus ROG Ally

Soldato
I got a ROG Ally yesterday but having some issues with Game Pass games.

Whenever I try to launch a game in Gamepass it says "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device licence".

I've tried a couple of things like signing out of the store etc but nothing so far has worked.

Anyone had this issue and found a way to get it working?

Soldato
I got a ROG Ally yesterday but having some issues with Game Pass games.

Whenever I try to launch a game in Gamepass it says "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device licence".

I've tried a couple of things like signing out of the store etc but nothing so far has worked.

Anyone had this issue and found a way to get it working?

Not sure why but it’s working now, only thing I could see was an optional windows update. Will try again later but hopefully sorted.

Associate
And now it’s working, any must do’s or must get for a new Rog Ally user?

Skull & Co Grip case and the Skull & Co carry case are both excellent buys - I also went with a matte anti glare screen protector as I prefer it to standard glass - Also got Skull & Co thumb grips for the joysticks.

Soldato
And now it’s working, any must do’s or must get for a new Rog Ally user?

Sooner or later you'll probably want to upgrade the storage and also acquire an external battery pack. A carry case also comes in handy, and so does fitting a screen protector.

These are the items I've got:

Travel Case

Thumb grips

Silicon case

Battery Pack < Not cheap, so wait for it to go on offer (if you have Prime). But an excellent battery for any use.

Nvme Adapter < Your usual size nvme drive can be fitted with this adapter, don't worry about cooling issues, my own personal experience is it's a non event. And I've got a 4TB drive installed.

The Rog Ally has a fantastic recovery system, which will install a box fresh install straight onto your new drive with no drama. You can do a drive clone if you wish but that's a lot more faff.

Last edited:
Soldato
veLTjYb.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Skull & Co Grip case and the Skull & Co carry case are both excellent buys - I also went with a matte anti glare screen protector as I prefer it to standard glass - Also got Skull & Co thumb grips for the joysticks.

They look great thanks.

Sooner or later you'll probably want to upgrade the storage and also acquire an external battery pack. A carry case also comes in handy, and so does fitting a screen protector.

These are the items I've got:

Travel Case

Thumb grips

Silicon case

Battery Pack < Not cheap, so wait for it to go on offer (if you have Prime). But an excellent battery for any use.

Nvme Adapter < Your usual size nvme drive can be fitted with this adapter, don't worry about cooling issues, my own personal experience is it's a non event. And I've got a 4TB drive installed.

The Rog Ally has a fantastic recovery system, which will install a box fresh install straight onto your new drive with no drama. You can do a drive clone if you wish but that's a lot more faff.

For some reason those links do not appear to be working?

Man of Honour
but have notice battery life isnt great

One of the downsides with these handhelds, the SoC isn't really built from the ground up for this kind of use despite being marketed by AMD as such - it is a repurposed laptop SoC and the minimum power draw is quite high (around 5W IIRC). I've tuned my Legion Go which uses the same SoC to get around 8 hours of watching YouTube with a 5 watt TDP and maximum power savings (and it still performs pretty good) but it could do so much better in terms of battery life. I tend to use mine more as a powerful tablet than for gaming hence going for the Go with detachable joycons and built in stand.

IMO if they put the effort into it the second generation of these devices could be really good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom