ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM

Caporegime
image.png

• Haha
Reactions: RSR
Soldato
Great to see it getting such good support. I'm close to getting one but also really tempted with the Dell DWF, I don't really want an ultrawide but it does seem great value. How are people who've had one of these for a while finding it now?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Great to see it getting such good support. I'm close to getting one but also really tempted with the Dell DWF, I don't really want an ultrawide but it does seem great value. How are people who've had one of these for a while finding it now?

I really can't fault mine, I've been using it daily since launch.

Soldato
Has anyone compared one against a 42” C2?

I got a C2 last week and it’s absolutely wonderful, but it’s pretty huge for a desk. I could certainly live with it, but it makes having 2 monitors (existing 32” + 42”) on a desk really difficult.

I’ve just plugged in my old Lenovo Y27q-20 to test before I sell it, and realised that 27” is still a very usable size for a monitor. It got me thinking if a PG27AQDM might be a good alternative to a C2.

Soldato
Any idea how long before this monitor can be shipped to Ireland? It's UK-only at the moment.

I guess you need to ask OcUK really, but what I would say having been looking at monitors over the last few months, is that I've seen quite a lot saying UK only for quite a long time, and lots out of stock for long periods. So I imagine there are lots of supply issues.

Last edited:
Associate
Just came to say that my monitor arrived today.
So far, so good.

It came with the latest firmware and I'm liking it.
I came from the AW3423DW and I don't find the matte coating an issue with the monitor (I changed because I wanted to go back to 16:9 without going 42").

Fingers crossed the positive experience continues!

The monitor is plenty bright as I only have it set to 44% brightness!

Last edited:
Associate
Loose cable on my unit caused a mini-heart attack tonight; wanted in to play Diablo IV. Hopefully not a reoccurence tba.

Last edited:
Soldato
News out that LG gives Asus and others a 2 year burn in warranty on this panel

Asus like others are currently not passing the warranty to the customer - so Asus will decline a burn in warranty claim from you while they get a new panel from LG.

That's not fair and Asus customers should be complaining and demanding Asus also gives its customers a 2 year burn in warranty like LG gives its customers

Last edited:
Associate
So i was very skeptical about getting this monitor. Based on reviews and real life experiences from early adopters having the monitor fail etc but i decided to pull the trigger anyway.
This is my experience after using the monitor for 40 days. When first booted the monitor, text fringing was AWFUL. The problem was massive on pdf or other texts with yellow / amber background color combinations. I had to install 3rd party SW (MacType) and tweak around the text scale and come up with a result that would be acceptable. I've managed to do that but the problem never goes away 100%. Since i was using it as a 2nd monitor for gaming purposes only though, i was pretty happy with it.

So i've enjoyed gaming on this monitor for roughly 40 days. Then suddenly it just decided to die on me. Screen just went black while using it and there was nothing i could do to revive it.
Tried swapping some cables etc to no avail. Pretty disappointing performance imo. Also consider the hussle of returning it and being without monitor for like a month+. Imo this is a problematic release. ASUS went all in on specs etc and created a product that's great and fit for purpose when it works but the failure rate is probably way higher than other monitors i suspect. If i could get in a timecapsule i'd probably get the 360HZ IPS PG27AQN instead.

Associate
Just came to say that my monitor arrived today.
So far, so good.

It came with the latest firmware and I'm liking it.
I came from the AW3423DW and I don't find the matte coating an issue with the monitor (I changed because I wanted to go back to 16:9 without going 42").

Fingers crossed the positive experience continues!

The monitor is plenty bright as I only have it set to 44% brightness!

What are your thoughts so far? I'm about to pull the trigger on this monitor and I currently have the AW3423DW too, so be interesting to see what you think?

Associate
What are your thoughts so far? I'm about to pull the trigger on this monitor and I currently have the AW3423DW too, so be interesting to see what you think?

It’s decent. I don’t miss the UltraWide, with the exception of productivity/working.

I’ll potentially be looking at the upcoming 32” monitor when released next year.

Back
Top Bottom