ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
To prevent a double post have a look at a couple of screen grabs from the Youtube video at Computex 2015 of the Asus.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28146537&postcount=1496

Doesnt look good just like the Acer.
aMKbSEY.jpg
What do you expect. Acer brings a new ''Gaming'' IPS panel, everybody rages and Asus has no choice but to jump the IPS hype bandwagon.

This new PG279Q will allow for multi-purpose use for things such as art, bright photo-editing, console gaming and viewing angles for any movie enthousiast. (Wich frankly I have no interest in)
But it will go accompanied with the loss of a fast backlight strobe at 120Hz and 3D Vision.
Then it also introduces a whole new line of issues such as backlight bleeding, clouding, panel uniformity issues and blacks looking more white then actual black to due IPS glow wich is a very annoying thing with IPS screens.

My current october build date RoG Swift has CRT like black unifmority colours, and very good picture quality. Yes there is the viewing angles, but I don't play tennis or dance dance revolution whilst gaming on a PC gaming monitor. I find the issue exxagerated and overated, just as much as IPS usually are.

Also why would anyone want a HDMI input on the Top-of-the-Line gaming monitor is beyond me tbh. The Swifts having only a displayport allowed for Instant On feature wich made the screen feel very premium quality.

Multiple inputs, hence scalers, are more responsible for introducing Input-LAG ... GtG response times have more effect on the image clarity or Ghosting effect at high refresh rates/high twitch FPS.

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong, and Asus does surprise me. But you can't blame me for being skeptical, I do think the panel type will be exactly the same as Acer's in the end.

Associate
I would have this monitor but like if every PC manufacturer would stop making stuff Red and Black. With Keyboards and Mice being RGB all over the place you would think they would give us the option.

Associate
guessing this will be 90% the same as the Acer panel although looks much more aesthetic which is always nice on an expensive device.

Soldato
I want something like this with decent quality control, keep hoping I can hold onto my R9 290 with 60hz 1440p until UHD 144hz monitors start arriving, I know I won't be able to run many games @144 fps @2160p but I'd like to try some :)

(Probably two years wait) :D

Soldato
Any updates on ETA of this? Hopefully it won't be a disaster like the Acer XB270HU, which I've totally written off now based on all the bad feedback (plus it's fugly at that price). The Asus does seem to be using the same panel though, so maybe it's one to forget already?

Associate
I don't think it's the panel that's the problem with the Acer monitor. I just think it's poorly assembled with too much pressure being applied from the chassis on the panel at the bottom right.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you're right. There have been a very fortunate select few happy owners of the Acer after all, so clearly it CAN be a good monitor if everything comes together as it should.

Soldato
You guys did see the pictures of the Asus with the same issues have you not?
I'm sure it won't be perfect... but there will be good examples of it, and hopefully less issues than the Acer. It's not in any manufacturer's interest to churn out these kinds of screens at this price point without adequate QC... they'll only lose money on the mass returns. Hopefully Asus realise this and will do a better job.

Associate
I'm sure it won't be perfect... but there will be good examples of it, and hopefully less issues than the Acer. It's not in any manufacturer's interest to churn out these kinds of screens at this price point without adequate QC... they'll only lose money on the mass returns. Hopefully Asus realise this and will do a better job.

I hope so too but im not holding my breath and preordering it like I did with this for sure.

Back
Top Bottom