Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
In my particular case changing the RAM voltage to 1.37 and also disabling "Power Down Mode" fixed the random reboots on idle or lightweight desktop tasks.

Thank you for this message, I have the exact same setup. Dark Hero + 5950x + 128GB (32x4) Crucial ballistix RGB 3600 Mhz, And I'm having the exact same random reboots when the system is under low usage, like browsing and basic stuff.

I have to try this and see if it fixes it. Thanks again.

Associate
Bios 3801 is out for this mobo incase anyone else missed it :
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C
2. Improve system performance

Associate
you wanna head to the bios screen and once there head over to extreme tweaker, in here is where you will find all the options needed that i changed (please note i have now set a manual oc on my 5950x of 4.6ghz all core) but the steps for you remain the same for PBO

25BsGub.jpg.png

when you get to this screen scroll down until you find cpu core voltage, select that option from auto to manual, dont worry about offset, (forcus on manual) when selected drop down to the next box and here type in 1.25v

nYKklfl.jpg.png

from there scroll back up to you see precision boost override press enter to bring up the next screen

Suckb8P.jpg.png

after you've pressed enter the screen above will show and here is where you can enable PBO to note the setting called PBO Fmax Enhancer, make sure this is disabled as i found i was getting random restarts with it enabled (i know its auto for me but with a manual oc it's not a big problem)

the next setting down called precision boost overdrive go ahead and enable this, once that is done exit the bios with changes saved and you should be good to go

this will make the cpu under max load pull no more that 1.25v and under idle conditions it should back down to around 1-1.1v if it doesnt its not the end of the world as the manual volatge set eariler is quite low anyway, the core clocks will back down to around 3.4-3.7ghz at idle and ramp up close to 5ghz for a second or 2 then all cores should settle in around the 4.5-4.7ghz mark depending on load, if you really hit the chip it may back down more as at 1.25v it may get toasty, so make sure you have beefy cooling, for everyday use and gaming it'll be fine

have a play and see how you get on

Wow, thanks for this guide, I will try both this and disabling power down mode,

In my particular case changing the RAM voltage to 1.37 and also disabling "Power Down Mode" fixed the random reboots on idle or lightweight desktop tasks.

Need to figure out how to get to power down mode but thanks will give this a try

Associate
@nick695 You need to go to Extreme Tweaker -> DRAM Timing Control -> scroll down to "Power Down Mode"

IMG-3386.jpg

IMG-3385.jpg

Btw guys did the v3801 BIOS also corrupt the saved profiles???

Associate
Sorry if its been asked before but has anyone has the Mouse stuttering issue on the Dark Hero? :confused:
If I move it around the curser lags and stutters (its seems ok in games however?)
I'm on the latest Bios 3801. (Note) wired Mouse is ok so not sure if its a Bluetooth issue or interference

Specs:
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Twelve Core 4.8GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (bis zu 7.000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internes
Kraken Z73 AIO(360 mm)
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1000w
Nvidea RTX 3090 fe

Last edited:
Associate
(UPDATE) I moved the USB dongle from the rear red USB port to the front Blue and it detected Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse.
rebooted and its ok now and back in the rear red USB port :)

Associate
Sorry if its been asked before but has anyone has the Mouse stuttering issue on the Dark Hero? :confused:
If I move it around the curser lags and stutters (its seems ok in games however?)
I'm on the latest Bios 3801.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Twelve Core 4.8GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 1.35V 32GB (2x16GB)
Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (bis zu 7.000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internes
Kraken Z73 AIO(360 mm)
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1000w
Nvidea RTX 3090 fe

I have pretty much an identical setup like yours and running 3801 Bios. I have had the Dark Hero since December 2020 and the only mouse problems were due to the USB cut-out issues that this MB suffers from.

Bit unrelated but I also get very bad stuttering and lag in some games when using my Offical Xbox One pad (Bluetooth). All games work fine with the same pad Plugged in with a USB cable)

Last edited:
Associate
I have pretty much an identical setup like yours and running 3801 Bios. I have had the Dark Hero since December 2020 and the only mouse problems were due to the USB cut-out problems that this MB suffers from.

Cool, What over clock are you running? I'm gona try play with the AI Suite 3 but could do with some pointers

YsiEBv1.jpg

Associate
I have pretty much an identical setup like yours and running 3801 Bios. I have had the Dark Hero since December 2020 and the only mouse problems were due to the USB cut-out issues that this MB suffers from.

Bit unrelated but I also get very bad stuttering and lag in some games when using my Offical Xbox One pad (Bluetooth). All games work fine with the same pad Plugged in with a USB cable)

I haven't had any mouse usb cut-outs but I did notice bad lag with my official Xbox series controller on Bluetooth, and similar to you same issues gone when plug in with a usb cable

axl

axl

Associate
I haven't had any mouse usb cut-outs but I did notice bad lag with my official Xbox series controller on Bluetooth, and similar to you same issues gone when plug in with a usb cable

I have the XBox Elite 2 controller and the Bluetooth on it is rubbish - it's not the motherboard (in this case). I bought an Xbox wireless adaptor for it and it's been 100% ever since. Not had any mouse issues.

Associate
I have the XBox Elite 2 controller and the Bluetooth on it is rubbish - it's not the motherboard (in this case). I bought an Xbox wireless adaptor for it and it's been 100% ever since. Not had any mouse issues.

Thanks for the heads up. I will give the Wireless Adapter a try.

Previously I was 100% Intel, and was going to change MB/CPU when the 12900k was released but I am so impressed with this Motherboard paired with a 5900x. So No Change Needed :D

20211106_172309.jpg

Associate
Hello everyone,

I'm near the end of collecting all the parts for my new PC, in fact only the fans and cables left to arrive.
With that being the state of things I decided to dig into the motherboard BIOS a bit and noticed some people are having restart issues.

My question would simply be should I expect the restarts to happen with my particular build, and should I update to the latest BIOS (3801) and did it fix the problems? I couldn't find much about the 3801 out there.
Another thing I have a question about is BIOS update sequence for the Dark Hero, aka can I go to the latest BIOS update straight away or do I have to update it version by version?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600MHz CL14-14-14-34 1.45V 46GB (4x16GB - F4-3600C14Q-64-GTZRA)
Seagate FireCuda 530 2 TB 4.0 3D TLC NVMe
Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
be quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W
ROG Strix RTX3080 O10G Gaming

P.s. that's a very clean build Dupppex!

Last edited:
Associate
You just need to install the latest available BIOS no need to upgrade version by version, once done I would suggest doing a CMOS reset before changing any settings. I’ve been running the DH since the start of the year and not had any stability issues, unless you’re pushing 3800+ with super tight timings you should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom