Asus T100 owners thread

Soldato
I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread but I had a weird problem with a customer's T100 which has been bugging the hell out of me, basically when working in windows you will loose focus of the app you are in almost like you are clicking somewhere else on the screen or that the touch screen has a ghost input. It seems this was due to using a different USB to Micro USB cable when running it on mains, after swapping in the original (very short) USB to MicroUSB cable the problem went away.

I hope this helps anyone else having similar issues.

Associate
I have this for 3 months and satisfied even though I'm experiencing minor problems sometimes. I sent it back to where I bought it more than a week ago, the touchscreen just didn't function after I charged and turned it on. Keyboard still working perfectly when I docked it but the store sales rep said there's some keys not functioning too so they have to send it to the service center. There's too many glitch, hope they could fix it because I love using a windows tab than having an iPad on my hand.

Soldato
My T100TA has stopped taking a charge from the MicroUSB port. Unfortunately what little juice it had left ran out so it's basically bricked at the moment.

Grabbed a refurbished Dell Venue 11 Pro (15 4300, 4GB, 128GB SSD) off the bay to tide me over tablet wise.

I'm a bit too busy to attempt to fix the T100TA. Any idea how much it might be to get a high street tablet / mobile phone repair outlet to have a go at fixing it?

Edit: Quoted £40 for a local repair shop to replace the micro-usb charging port.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: Quoted £40 for a local repair shop to replace the micro-usb charging port.

Fixed.

Got a Dell Venue 11 Pro (i5 4300U, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, active stylys) on ebay as a stop gap while the Asus was in for repair. While it's got a bit more oomph than the T100TA - but the T100TA's lighter weight, fanless operation and longer battery life will make it more practical for certain situations.

Not sure whether I'll keep both or not.

Back
Top Bottom