Asus

. Not saying ASUS doesn’t suck, just saying its hit and miss.

Nail on the head essentially.

These parts are complex, and components are sourced from various places. So realistically failures are expected. But when these companies bury their heads in the sand, or have terrible RMA procedures, that's when it becomes unforgivable imo

I am not loyal to brands when it comes to almost anything I buy. I buy cheap chinese tat (if it will get the job done I want) right up to high end stuff. I never go to purchase something and make a consideration as to whether I actually like the brand as a whole. I almost find it odd that people do. Everything is bought based on what you are getting for your money.

I've had hardware over the years from probably almost all of the main PC hardware manufacturers. I've never had a number of failures associated with one brand more so over another, including hard disk drives.
I've had a number of Asus motherboards, graphics cards and probably some other products I forgot about. Never noticed any issues with Asus. If anything, their motherboards I found better. Currently 2 of the 3 PCs in the household have Asus mobos. Faultless. Just bought an Asus laptop because it's a good deal and fulfils the needs/specs I want. I have no concerns with the latest Asus warranty stuff tarring the trust of the brand. To me I'll still evaluate my needs based on price vs spec/quality. Asus are no different.

I’ve always liked Asus, bought their motherboards for years. Especially ROG.

But now their prices are inflated, just look the mATX X670E Gene - obscene price.
Its the board ive got, it was pricey, but all the other x670e fully featured boards are too, doesnt matter who you choose, but I love it, would highly recommend it, and came with everything I wanted in a mATX form factor, 2 x PCI-e 5 m.2 slots, USB4, and 1 x PCI-e 5 x16slot, love the fact that when I do a reformat for whatever reason, ie after a long stint of RAM overclocking, I can just pull the Z-Card containing 2 nvme drives to stop them being affected without having to remove my GPU and massive heatsinks, forget all the hype about ASUS boards killing chips, its a few boards out of the millions sold around the world, and people just dont seem to be latching on that it wasnt just ASUS, Gigabyte was just as big a culprit and ASRock were up there too, the difference is the ASUS ROG boards dont look like a 1970's dishwasher like most of the other x670e boards about.

Last edited:
I’ve got one as well just because I really wanted to own one haha. I used Gene boards long ago and have great memories with the z97 gene!

What case are you using with it?
Lian Li 011 Mini Air, but only because of my cutom water cooling setup, if I could go with a smaller case that supports vertical GPU and all my water cooling I would, RGB fans as the Mrs likes them, they were all white lol.

ju6yIIt.jpg

Last edited:
I like Asus and will probably buy more of their motherboards. I've only been let down once by a Z97 motherboard.

The one thing I don't like about Asus is that I find they only release BIOS updates for motherboards for maybe 3-4 years after release. But I suppose there's a lot of other manufacturers who do the same thing these days.

The one thing I don't like about Asus is that I find they only release BIOS updates for motherboards for maybe 3-4 years after release. But I suppose there's a lot of other manufacturers who do the same thing these days.

Lucky to get BIOS updates for 2 years post release with Gigabyte :s some others are even worse. (Though that depends a bit if they are actually needed, etc. - I'd rather they just get it right out the box).

Last edited:
I like Asus products, see my Rig, if anything does go wrong it's under 3yr return to base warranty with OCUK. As with all companies and life you tend to see only the bad as they are the one's to post and complain the most

Bought two Asus products recently, a 240mm LC II (£99) and a B650E-I gaming motherboard (£269). It was a question of price and limited choice in M-ITX on the AMD side.

Last edited:
I moved from gigabyte to Asus years ago when Gigabyte quality went downhill (they used to be awesome).

Now, I've moved from Asus to ASRock as Asus quality doesn't justify the price premium any more. Their attitude over the AM5 burnouts and RMA in general is also terrible.

Asus BIOS GUI is better, but in every other department I've noticed no difference

I've had my ups and downs with Gigabyte but mostly positive results, this Z790 Aorus Master has been a solid board so far, aside from the latest beta BIOS having an issue with random hard locks in the BIOS (now pulled by Gigabyte) and having to mess about a bit to get proper 14th gen support - but that has been the case for most boards released prior to the 14th gen CPUs.

I've literally taken a hammer to a Asus Striker Extreme, not resorted to that with Gigabyte so far :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom