Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
It's certainly getting on a bit now but its no bad car. It doesn't compare well to the current E Class and 5 Series but then as you've discovered neither is it priced like either of those cars now.

An A6 2.0 TDI S-Line Ultra DSG is a few hundred pounds cheaper than a BMW 520d M Sport Auto but after expected discounts for both are taken into account, the Audi is almost £5000 cheaper, which isn't to be sniffed at.

Just be careful that this discount doesn't also flow through into the expected residual, which would end up making it no cheaper to own than its more modern counterparts.

tef

tef

Associate
might have been discussed before, but i would be very interested to see which interior style the new A6 and Q3 will adopt. A4/Q5 followed the sharp-suited/ aluminium look of the Q7, where new A8 is heading for the glossy/bling-bling/leather cladded look. To me, the two are quite different style.

Caporegime
Thanks paradigm and fox. I tested the new Merc E class E220D and it's superb so we've ordered an SE with full digital dash, clever LED headlights, sunroof, stereo upgrade, keyless stuff and a few driver aids.

I fell in love with the interior. Its image might be a bit old man compared to the bmw but then I'm getting on a bit! Residuals are excellent which keeps PCP payments low. Over 4 years it'll depreciate the same amount as the Skoda superb we almost ordered (20k). I know I'd rather drive a Merc.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thanks paradigm and fox. I tested the new Merc E class E220D and it's superb so we've ordered an SE with full digital dash, clever LED headlights, sunroof, stereo upgrade, keyless stuff and a few driver aids.

I fell in love with the interior. Its image might be a bit old man compared to the bmw but then I'm getting on a bit! Residuals are excellent which keeps PCP payments low. Over 4 years it'll depreciate the same amount as the Skoda superb we almost ordered (20k). I know I'd rather drive a Merc.
Didn't you just buy a Q7?

Man of Honour
E class interior I prefer a lot also
New 5 series is basically the same design as the old one - so boring

It was a good interior and it has subtle changes and improved tech to it and the car is better too, brilliant maybe the best one yet. I too like the new E Class interior, but I would not cut my nose off to spite my face just because they didn't try with the design. If I did that I would never have owned a GT3 and my life would have been lesser for it.

Soldato
Soldato
Why change something exceptionally good for the sake of it? Evolution not revolution.

Because it is boring and is not as good as competition? (E class)
It's not bad, it's just not a great step forward is it apart from this sort of useless gesture crap

When Audi/Merc use similar design language for models people seem to cry rivers but when 5 series Ctrl C and Ctrl V an interior?

Man of Honour
Boring? No it isn't. I was pleasantly surprised by it (and I regularly use a new E Class with all the fancy widescreen stuff).

Man of Honour
Because it is boring

I think you might be confused as to what a 5 Series is - it's an executive saloon not a supercar.

It's not a copy paste of the F10 interior either. I wish it was because everything they've changed seems inferior to the F10. Stupid nav screen especially.

Associate
I'm moving back to the UK early next year and I'm currently looking at my options. I've had my eye on the Audi A5 Sportback for some time but wondered what it's like as a family car? I have a one year old daughter with the chance of maybe a second child in the not too distant future. What's the boot space like for transporting prams/buggies/shopping etc?

Caporegime
It's ok, slightly more practical than the A4 saloon, but nowhere near as good as the A4 Avant. Given they are literally the same car underneath, and A5 sportbacks hold their value slightly more, I'd probably go for the A4 Avant if load space is important.

With two children I'd definitely have the A4 Avant over the A5 sportback.

Caporegime
Test driving the new RS3 tomorrow. Anyone own or tested one of these before?

Never driven an Audi.
Yep I took out a prefacelift when looking to buy my S3 (dealer offered, why would you say no?).

Had they been available to order when I ordered mine, and had the saloon been confirmed to be happening in RS3 form, I'd have likely ordered one instead of the S3, just for the noise and slightly better power distribution through the tweaked haldex controller.

I'm still contemplating making the switch now, but part of me is thinking I should go larger due to our newborn.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm still contemplating making the switch now, but part of me is thinking I should go larger due to our newborn.
Based on experience, I would highly recommend getting a big car with a newborn. Car seats take up a silly amount of space, especially the good rear-facing ones for when the baby gets older. That, coupled with the size of a decent pram means that the extra boot space just makes life so much easier.

RS6 Avant? ;)

Caporegime
Not had a service yet, but consumables such as filters, pads, tyres are all as you'd expect for similar cars, not ridiculous but not the cheapest either. Tyres depend entirely on if you have 18s or 19s. It's not looking like servicing is going to be massively more expensive than for my old A4 2.0TDIe judging by prices I've seen floating around.

Back
Top Bottom