Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Swapped the old A4 for a new A4, nice.
Happy with it, glad to be away from emmissionsgate.

Shame yesterday the wee girl puked all over the back and into the footwells.
Delighted that the vomiting bug has been passed around everyone in her class, weeks late, going slowly from one to another.
We thought she'd missed it.
Poor thing was distraught at messing up the new car.

Oh well an evening of cleaning later and I can smell leather and new car again rather than puke, thank god.

Soldato
It's a good car isn't it, I have owned my 2.0l tfsi sline saloon for almost exactly a year now but only done about 5300 miles however having the first year service on monday. Good job the service plan is only costing me £9.56 a month though. One thing is for sure that B9 is light years better than the previous model in terms of driving, refinement and ride. Infact the sports suspension seems better than my focus was in terms of how it deals with rough roads.
Which version have you got any pictures? Glad you got the interior sorted though...

Soldato
I got a 2018 model A4 sport model, is was different slightly to the previous year in that leather insides and heated front seats and something to do with the parking were standard.
We added electric to the mirrors, and a rear camera, and the interior light pack.
Will post some pictures if I get it washed in the coming week, she's had rough first week inside and out!

The front fog is different now also, seems to be adverse conditions lights, I had it on the other night in absolutely awful rain and they seem set to illuminate the close region and verge on both sides of the vehicle which was fantastic for spotting deep puddles etc on twisty country roads.

Soldato
The front fog is different now also, seems to be adverse conditions lights, I had it on the other night in absolutely awful rain and they seem set to illuminate the close region and verge on both sides of the vehicle which was fantastic for spotting deep puddles etc on twisty country roads.

Yeah they're ditching fog lights across the range now, in favour of a mode on the main lights for 'adverse conditions'. Don't know exactly what it does or whether it's any use but glad to see the back of discrete front fogs as they're generally useless and the less chavs/muppets on the road with them on all the time, the better.

Caporegime
“All weather headlights”. They also act as static cornering lights and junction lights (linked to nav data).

They have a similar throw pattern to front fogs, so have similar use in actual fog too.

Soldato
Nah it's because I'm coming from a company car which doesn't go back until December. I could take it earlier if I wanted but, as I won't get the cash alternative until the company one goes back, I'd effectively be paying for two cars for a month or so. Just have to be patient :(

Soldato
You guys seen the new A7?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPO2xeGfkcY

People above discussing the S and RS versions of cars... people buying those would be driving enthusiasts or wanting to show off that their car can do 0-62mph 0.2s faster. I bought an A6 3.0 BiTDI a couple of years ago and its great to drive and pretty fast. Don't think I would actually need the S or RS because I would never be able to use the speed of it. Plus mind ends up being cheaper in terms of initial cost and running costs :)

Soldato
Yeah they're ditching fog lights across the range now, in favour of a mode on the main lights for 'adverse conditions'. Don't know exactly what it does or whether it's any use but glad to see the back of discrete front fogs as they're generally useless and the less chavs/muppets on the road with them on all the time, the better.
Matrix LED's don't need fogs do they?

Soldato
I got a 2018 model A4 sport model, is was different slightly to the previous year in that leather insides and heated front seats and something to do with the parking were standard.
We added electric to the mirrors, and a rear camera, and the interior light pack.
Will post some pictures if I get it washed in the coming week, she's had rough first week inside and out!

Yes pictures please, what colour?

Back
Top Bottom