Audi owners in here!

Associate
Got my eye on a 2012 TTS S-Tronic Black Edition Roadster. Just a bit concerned about residuals and how well they're holding up?

Would love a TTRS but can't justify the extra £10k over a TTS.

Don
Got my eye on a 2012 TTS S-Tronic Black Edition Roadster. Just a bit concerned about residuals and how well they're holding up?

Would love a TTRS but can't justify the extra £10k over a TTS.
What price are you looking at for the TTS?

I've got a 2012 S-Tronic Black Edition coupe price has held up relatively well the last couple years, especially given the MkIII being out now. Look to be dropping maybe £1000 a year for that age now for a decent condition one.

Associate
What price are you looking at for the TTS?

I've got a 2012 S-Tronic Black Edition coupe price has held up relatively well the last couple years, especially given the MkIII being out now. Look to be dropping maybe £1000 a year for that age now for a decent condition one.

£16k for the one I've seen. Only done around 40k miles IIRC.

Soldato
Guys was pretty set on a bmw for next car but been to the Audi garage and really like the A5 sport back.

Question is what is likely to lose more value over 12 months a 2lite diesel or petrol?

I dont do crazy miles but unsure what would be best to buy for resale at a year old?

Soldato
I have a test drive on Saturday of a new A5 sportback.

I have had a quote that is within budget but want to know what you think. I can't really afford a different engine without dropping some options. I do about 12k a year so thought this would be fine.

A5 Sportback S Line 2.0 TFSI S Tronic 190ps
Daytona grey pearl
19' x 8.5J 5-Parallel-Spoke 255/35/R19
Matrix front & rear LED lights
Privacy glass
Folding door mirrors
Audi virtual cockpit
Black Nappa leather with rock grey stiching
Multi function flat bottom steering wheel
Technology pack

My 2 questions are:

Is this a bad engine choice?

Is the comfort pack worthwhile getting for around £1k extra? It comes with keyless entry, B&O sound system and reverse camera.

Sam

Soldato
I have a test drive on Saturday of a new A5 sportback.

I have had a quote that is within budget but want to know what you think. I can't really afford a different engine without dropping some options. I do about 12k a year so thought this would be fine.

A5 Sportback S Line 2.0 TFSI S Tronic 190ps
Daytona grey pearl
19' x 8.5J 5-Parallel-Spoke 255/35/R19
Matrix front & rear LED lights
Privacy glass
Folding door mirrors
Audi virtual cockpit
Black Nappa leather with rock grey stiching
Multi function flat bottom steering wheel
Technology pack

My 2 questions are:

Is this a bad engine choice?

Is the comfort pack worthwhile getting for around £1k extra? It comes with keyless entry, B&O sound system and reverse camera.

Sam

It's a great engine - I think on the A5 its available in higher tunes too. And well mated to the S-tronic gearbox.

The matrix LED lights I would probably drop if you get standard LED lights with the car (I'm not sure on the A5 models).

Audi Virtual cockpit and sat nav is good but all the other gubbins that come with the technology pack I don't really use personally.

If the comfort pack comes with those extras then yes, 100% worth it for the B&O sound system alone. Its the best I've had and heard in a car. I would say even better than the BMW equivalent.

Soldato
Thanks to be honest I only really specced them for the sweeping indicators but I think you are right.

If I drop them to the standard LED lights and add the comfort pack instead it won't add a great deal to the over all cost.

Soldato
Thanks to be honest I only really specced them for the sweeping indicators but I think you are right.

If I drop them to the standard LED lights and add the comfort pack instead it won't add a great deal to the over all cost.

Yeah shouldn't do. I have standard LED lights on the TT (non matrix) and it has the sweeping indicators at the back anyway. So if the indicators is the only reason then I'd pick the comfort pack all day.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
If I lived in Germany, I'd probably stretch for a more powerful engine as I love storming down the autobahn at vmax. If you could live with 190bhp, then go for it.

Soldato
That's a bit misleading then as I'm sure I read on the configurator they mention the sweeping indicators as an upgrade.

Owell waiting to see how much difference it costs with the adjustments and if Saturday goes well I will put the deposit down. Hopefully the test car had the upgraded sound system to try out.

I understand what you mean about the autobahn but before my Edge I had a focus St which would get maxed out every 2 or 3 days and gets abit boring. I think I would prefer the extra tech bits over more power for now as I can't afford both. It will be quicker than what I have now so will still feel like an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom