Audi owners in here!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I understand what you mean about the autobahn but before my Edge I had a focus St which would get maxed out every 2 or 3 days and gets abit boring. I think I would prefer the extra tech bits over more power for now as I can't afford both. It will be quicker than what I have now so will still feel like an upgrade.
Fair enough! I suppose the novelty would eventually wear off if you live there :p
I'm usually there when I go from one end of the country to the other in one go, so prefer to complete the journey is a short a time as possible :)

Soldato
Soldato
If you do a decent amount of night driving matrix lights are worth shelling out for
They are amazing and makes driving at night much easier without having to high beam/low beam etc etc

Soldato
Owell waiting to see how much difference it costs with the adjustments and if Saturday goes well I will put the deposit down. Hopefully the test car had the upgraded sound system to try out.

Make sure to test the sound system with you're own music. DAB quality is only average and for me sounds rubbish compared to bluetooth streaming from my phone or MP3s on a SD card.

Soldato
Fair enough! I suppose the novelty would eventually wear off if you live there :p
I'm usually there when I go from one end of the country to the other in one go, so prefer to complete the journey is a short a time as possible :)

Problem then though is fuel drops quite quick when your cruise control is set to 150mph+ :D

If you do a decent amount of night driving matrix lights are worth shelling out for
They are amazing and makes driving at night much easier without having to high beam/low beam etc etc

Thanks I have adaptive lights with auto high beam on mine now and I do enjoy them but I think if it's a choice over the better sound system and then I should go with the sound.

Make sure to test the sound system with you're own music. DAB quality is only average and for me sounds rubbish compared to bluetooth streaming from my phone or MP3s on a SD card.

Will do mate thanks for the heads up. Will report back tomorrow after drive.

Soldato
Soldato
Problem then though is fuel drops quite quick when your cruise control is set to 150mph+ :D

Thanks I have adaptive lights with auto high beam on mine now and I do enjoy them but I think if it's a choice over the better sound system and then I should go with the sound.

Will do mate thanks for the heads up. Will report back tomorrow after drive.
Makes sense, however matrix are much more than auto high beam

Soldato
Makes sense, however matrix are much more than auto high beam

Sorry I should have expanded alittle. Mine do a similar thing by sensing other cars and keeping the rest of the road on full beam without dazzling them. I don't think they are as advanced as controlling individual leds but instead have something that moves in front of the bulb to block out the light where needed.

Soldato
I have a test drive on Saturday of a new A5 sportback.

I have had a quote that is within budget but want to know what you think. I can't really afford a different engine without dropping some options. I do about 12k a year so thought this would be fine.

A5 Sportback S Line 2.0 TFSI S Tronic 190ps
Daytona grey pearl
19' x 8.5J 5-Parallel-Spoke 255/35/R19
Matrix front & rear LED lights
Privacy glass
Folding door mirrors
Audi virtual cockpit
Black Nappa leather with rock grey stiching
Multi function flat bottom steering wheel
Technology pack

My 2 questions are:

Is this a bad engine choice?

Is the comfort pack worthwhile getting for around £1k extra? It comes with keyless entry, B&O sound system and reverse camera.

Sam
Its a very good engine, quiet, refined and I got an average of 47mpg on a recent trip from the south coast to leeds with my A4. Can you not still get the light and vision pack as I spec'd that on mine and it cheaper than buying the matrix headlamps and the VC with the extended interior lighting seperately. I would stick with 18" wheels as the ride is good and also refined.

Soldato
Its a very good engine, quiet, refined and I got an average of 47mpg on a recent trip from the south coast to leeds with my A4. Can you not still get the light and vision pack as I spec'd that on mine and it cheaper than buying the matrix headlamps and the VC with the extended interior lighting seperately. I would stick with 18" wheels as the ride is good and also refined.

No option for that mate you have to buy separately. I did look at the upgraded led interior lighting but I have multi colour lighting in my current car and dont really care for it. Happy with just the standard white i think. a lot of these options i doubt will make much difference to resale value.

That sounds great I was worried it was going to be a bad choice being the cheapest engine choice. Regarding the wheels I am set on the 19" alloys as I really like the look of larger wheels on cars. Hopefully the ride is not terrible and out here in Germany the roads are better maintained than they are in the UK.

Soldato
So had my test drive today (unfortunately a coupe and not a sportback)

First impressions are the car drives nicer than my Edge and feels more refined. The cabin is quiet and feels well built.

It had the massage seats but in half leather which was OK but not amazing. The HUD is a nice option but I don't think I can justify it. Coming from driving my current car it takes some getting used to being sat so low and the cabin feels quite small. The wireless charging and overall infotainment system was great though, the reverse camer/screen looks higher resolution and clearer to mine.

I tried the B&O sound system out in a rs5 they had there and was quite impressed. The music was nice and clear without being harsh. One thing though after sitting in the Rs5 was the carbon inserts in the dash are really nice and set the cabin off perfectly. Will maybe look into changing the silver ones if it's not too much work or expensive.

As long as the quote I've requested comes back as expected I think I've found my next car and will be putting the order in early next week.

Thanks for all the help.

Associate
Hi - could any current generation TT owners recommend me a half cover for outdoor use. Looking for something I can pop on and off to keep the worst of the crap off as my parking is over grown by trees (Leylandii) and prone to bird mess, needles dropping into the engine bay. Car is on order and I'd like to have a cover ready before it gets here.

Associate
Someone on the TT forum was asking that a couple of weeks back but there doesn't seem to be anyone making them. Apparently a Mk2 cover almost fits but is a bit loose around the base at the front because the mirrors are in a different place.

Associate
Just ordered a new company car

Audi A4 black edition in quantum grey, 2.0tfsi (190) with tech pack and sound pack added on! Looking forward to it.

Coming from a golf mk7 1.4tsi

Back
Top Bottom